What unit in Wyoming??

I've got a few preference points for wyoming Antelope and just not sure what unit to put in for.
Never been to wyoming so really don't know what to expect or have anything to go on.
I do have membership with gohunt and have onyx and have done some research, kinda leaning toward unit 60.

Any Ideas or guidance would be appreciated

Gary
I've hunted 23 4 times. Had a blast all 4 times. Getting drawn in most of the eastern units is a pretty easy step with 5 points. Once you get a few units identified I would put a bunch of time researching access and calling ranchers to check if they allow trespass for a fee access etc. The G&F used to keep a list of ranchers allow access. This is a good resource to guide your unit choice. Know where the public access is. We were lucky on our trips because we had free trespass access 3 of the 4 years and paid a small fee the last time. I have heard the ranch we were accessing is now closed to hunters as Gillette is encroaching on them.

I've hunted 23 4 times. Had a blast all 4 times. Getting drawn in most of the eastern units is a pretty easy step with 5 points. Once you get a few units identified I would put a bunch of time researching access and calling ranchers to check if they allow trespass for a fee access etc. The G&F used to keep a list of ranchers allow access. This is a good resource to guide your unit choice. Know where the public access is. We were lucky on our trips because we had free trespass access 3 of the 4 years and paid a small fee the last time. I have heard the ranch we were accessing is now closed to hunters as Gillette is encroaching on them.
Great ideas all... Might wanna try OnX hunt and buy the Wyoming state map . OnX hunt has all that info an much, much more. On my Idaho version it lists all the ranches and their owners, BLM, Nat forest, types of trees, types of crop, ETC. plus you can use it offline, the satellite imagery is outstanding with detail down to barbed wire fences! Can't say enough good about it!!!

Great ideas all... Might wanna try OnX hunt and buy the Wyoming state map . OnX hunt has all that info an much, much more. On my Idaho version it lists all the ranches and their owners, BLM, Nat forest, types of trees, types of crop, ETC. plus you can use it offline, the satellite imagery is outstanding with detail down to barbed wire fences! Can't say enough good about it!!!
I think the original poster did say they have OnX, but you are correct. In a state like WY where there is a lot of private being on to of where you are is really important even if you have trespass access on one its easy to accidentally end up on the wrong place. You don't want to land in court. Those ranchers are serious about trespassing.

I have both ONYX and GOHUNT, just put gohunt on my phone.
Onyx works pretty good, going to see how good the gohunt maps are and probably ditch one or the other.

Dad and I hunted 47 (Shirley Basin) 3 years ago. I think we drew with 4 pts each. I don't think you'll kill any monsters but you will see hundreds of goats and we had the place to ourselves. In 3 days of hunting I think we saw maybe 3 or 4 other hunters in there. There is alot of vehicle traffic from the windmills and such but the antelope are used to it. Was a great hunt. Was almost overwhelming the amount of bucks we saw as they all started to look the same size. Was a great hunt.

I would definitely keep track of what happens the next few months in regard to winterkill. Some regions in Wyo are getting hammered by deep snow while it may not be quite as bad in others. Antelope herds across Wyo are about as low as I have ever seen them. Some of this is a combo of drought, winterkill, disease (mostly EHD), and predators. Unfortunately that means there aren't near as many tags available as past years. Keep your fingers crossed that the remaining winter is ok and there is decent moisture through the summer!

Another pretty brutal snowstorm hit most of Wyo with super cold and wind. Hopefully the critters get a break soon!

Me too, wasn't that fun. Start again today. This one has to be tough on animals. Muleys were eating the branches on pine trees early this week.
That's a really bad sign. They tend not to last long after they start that. This is an especially tough and consistently cold winter. The result will be ugly.

I drew 73 with 6 points for the 2022 season.

Attachments

• 6FD4226F-2589-4298-8948-69FA19D15046.jpeg
    6FD4226F-2589-4298-8948-69FA19D15046.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 92