What unit in Wyoming??

I have not, I have noticed that they are going to reduce the number of non-resident tags, which will make it so that you need more preference points to get a tag. I think that goes into effect on elk tags this year or next??

I have never been to Wyoming, which is why I would really like to draw this year and get the antelope done and hopefully while I'm there get a better idea where to go for elk, I have 5 elk preference points as well.

I have not, I have noticed that they are going to reduce the number of non-resident tags, which will make it so that you need more preference points to get a tag. I think that goes into effect on elk tags this year or next??

I have never been to Wyoming, which is why I would really like to draw this year and get the antelope done and hopefully while I'm there get a better idea where to go for elk, I have 5 elk preference points as well.

they aren't reducing Elk licenses
What they are considering, is to eliminate the 7250 nr cap and go to regions, which as currently outlined will increase nr gen licenses overall. That process is ongoing and should the proposal pass, 2024 would see the new region quotas.

My mistake, it's the Moose and Sheep tags that are being reduced to 10% for Non Residents.
They considered reducing ELK, Deer and antelope but didn't for this year.

They tried raising the Lope special draw tag to 1200.00

WOW, I would say you could buy a lot of beef with $1200, but you really can't anymore and it wouldn't be near as much fun.
$614 or whatever it is right now is to steep for me! I just spent $600 on a new rifle barrel, a couple hundred on a scope, another $100 on miscellaneous stuff, all of which I'll have for years till it is handed to a grandson!

WOW, I would say you could buy a lot of beef with $1200, but you really can't anymore and it wouldn't be near as much fun.
$614 or whatever it is right now is to steep for me! I just spent $600 on a new rifle barrel, a couple hundred on a scope, another $100 on miscellaneous stuff, all of which I'll have for years till it is handed to a grandson!
Might need to spend $600 if you want to go. The way I look at it, I may only get to go one more time if the points keep going up. Take your time and hold out for a big guy? Who knows.

Well, if they cut tags and also raise the prices of the special draw the regular draw odds are going to tank.... points will be devalued because most guys won't put in for the 1200$ tags. A win win for outfitters who want their clients better odds.

So my dad and I have 9 pts each and don't mind spending for the special draw, since this will probably be our only time hunting for antelope. What units would be best for a DIY with the points we have? Any help is appreciated.

I am not the most experienced at which Wyoming unit is best for your points. I will say unit 32 has lots of goats and some nice ones. I haven't checked for a few years but unit 106 and 64 by Jeffery city have good bucks but might need more then 9 points.