What unit in Wyoming??

They are all good eating. Don't worry about the unit as far as that goes.
Sage, hayfield, etc. They all taste the same. Occasionally a person claims to get a bad one but that has not been our case and is not affected by area. A myth... a fallacy.
To clarify my earlier post, it's true that goat meat is pretty decent eating even from the high sage desert. BUT, you will see / taste a difference in one that has fed primarily on alfalfa.

Years ago, a buddy and I were at elk camp and he had meat from his mule deer and I from my white tail, there was a distinct difference.
Could definitely taste the sage the mule deer had been eating compared to the white tail that hadn't.

When you apply and have 5 preference points, Does that really mean you have 6 preference points including the one for that year??
32 took 6 points last year for 100%, 5 points was 10%

Actually I was reading the odds incorrectly for unit 60, GOHUNT has a .77% chance of drawing with 5 points.
Now I'm looking at the northeast corner of the state. Anyone hunt Unit's 1 or 18??

Gohunt shows you last years odds, those are not your odds for 2023 with 5 points. You can look at their timeline to estimate points needed for 2023.

Yeah, I see the timeline. Non resident "regular" says 15% chance of drawing on gohunt which pretty much lines up with what the wdfg site has for last year

When you apply and have 5 preference points, Does that really mean you have 6 preference points including the one for that year??
32 took 6 points last year for 100%, 5 points was 10%
If you apply with 5 point and a special tag, that is more like having 6. Basically paying for the extra point with the special tag

I shot a Boone and Crockett antelope in 18 last year then spent the next 2 weeks trying to find another buck on public land for my wife to shoot. The population in North eastern wyoming sucks. I live 30 minutes from area 18 and spend more time up there then probably anyone on this forum. With 5 points I would try for area 7 that will give you the best chances. Saw alot of goats down there when I was elk hunting.