What Type of Bipod Mount

Tiny Tim

Purchasing an Atlas bipod and looking into mount options. I want a quick discount mount for easy installation/removal. Considering either a pic rail or arca swiss. Is there a definitive benefit to one over the other? Or would you purchase a dual functioning adapter that places the pic rail ahead of the arca swiss. Will mostly be used for target shooting but also occasional hunting.

Arca doesn't need to be lined up to any particular spot on the arca rail so it CAN be faster but it depends on if you're using a screw clamp on your tripod or a QR/QD lever. Arca isn't as tall as Picatinny rail and is wider so it's less snag prone, lower and still quite strong.

I used to use all pic rail stuff but for PRS you just can't compete at all without arca so I've added an arca rail to the rifle and adapters on all my old pic rail accessories. For real world applications like hunting, you're not going to be attaching and removing bipods and bags and stuff with great regularity so it doesn't matter. If you plan competition in your target shooting just go arca. If you don't plan to compete then it matters absolutely zero which one you choose practically but keep in mind arca stuff seems to be mostly biased toward competitive shooting while pic rail accessories are biased more toward practical shooting.

I agree with above My pack rifle is light n slim 338Nm I run a pic

Attachments

• 0B03066D-75FA-4489-AD4F-66EA1CF81402.jpeg
    0B03066D-75FA-4489-AD4F-66EA1CF81402.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 152
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.