What twist?

Still believe in Iowa with an average elevation of ~1000 and weather conditions of approximate 30 degrees, I'd take a 1.94 over 1.49.

If you took out the 121 gr Hammer, then I think a 1-8 twist would probably be fine, but would probably error on the side of a 1-7.5.

Good luck
Steve
BoomFlop, I went to the Hammer website, and looked at the 121 grain bullets. It says 1-8 twist minimum, so I'm going to go with your recommendation, and that of several other people on this forum, and I'm going with the 1-7.5" twist. According to some people, I shouldn't be relying on others opinion, however, I'll just leave it at that. I have alot of faith in people on this forum. Heck, another member here, has my 6.5-06 as we speak, giving it a cerakote bath, and engraving the barrel, so I think I'm safe here. Thank you and everybody else for yet another educational experience.

1in 9 is ample for stability,25-06 is a bit of a throat burner anyway, so going tighter won't help.I used to own one,a Remington 40X great rifle.1in 9 will easily handle 120gn bullets.
Talking monos and heavy for caliber long bullets. Not the 115 VLD.

BoomFlop, I went to the Hammer website, and looked at the 121 grain bullets. It says 1-8 twist minimum, so I'm going to go with your recommendation, and that of several other people on this forum, and I'm going with the 1-7.5" twist. According to some people, I shouldn't be relying on others opinion, however, I'll just leave it at that. I have alot of faith in people on this forum. Heck, another member here, has my 6.5-06 as we speak, giving it a cerakote bath, and engraving the barrel, so I think I'm safe here. Thank you and everybody else for yet another educational experience.
You did good

You have to take in consideration where people live. I'm from WI. We hunt when it's cold and at 1000 ft elevation. An 8 twist would probably be fine at 50 degrees and 10,000 ft elevation in Colorado.

Hope this makes sense. Might also want to check out the load data for Hammers on this website and see what others are using for a twist.

Have a great evening!
Steve

You have to take in consideration where people live. I'm from WI. We hunt when it's cold and at 1000 ft elevation. An 8 twist would probably be fine at 50 degrees and 10,000 ft elevation in Colorado.

Hope this makes sense. Might also want to check out the load data for Hammers on this website and see what others are using for a twist.

Have a great evening!
Steve
BoomFlop, I'm hunting at Menominee, Michigan this year, mid November, so we'll see how that works out. Probably won't have my 25-06 back by then, but I'll definitely be hunting my 6.5-06, and if that isn't enough gun, I'll have one of my 338's. In Iowa this year, 35 caliber and bigger rifles are legal, so my Whelen is sighted in with 203 gr hammers. That ought to do it. LOL

I need a twist recommendation for a 25-06 to be able to stabilize the hammer 116 grain and/or the 121 grain hammer hunters. The 1-10 twist that my Winchester 70 isn't doing it. At a hundred yards, accuracy is not good at best, and just not acceptable. Thanks
just take Hammer's suggested twist rate. They know what works best for their bullets.

Even if you really want to try= don't. The one I tried, some were literally hitting sideways @100 which looks like 2 bullets hitting same hole lol.

When they actually reach 100yds sideways, they left at marginally stable & destabilized en route. They never really locked into a center.
That can happen with a calculated Sg of ~1.1
Bullets 'unstable' at muzzle release travel sideways through chronograph screens (<10yds). They whack the ground somewhere and rarely reach any distant target. That's Sg of 1.0 or less.
The sharp edge there has always amazed me.

It was the 75 absolute hammers ( before the 73's came to be) out of my 22 creed. I had visions of sending them fast enough to compensate for the slight lack of twist ( 1-7). Funny part was I was shooting at a large piece of white cardboard with some small sticker targets and was shooting 2 other bullets that had a few one hole 2 shot groups so it was a head scratcher

I have a 1:8 25-06 and shoot the 121 hammers. I will say that the BC and design on these hammers is noticeably less than the 124 6.5 hammers. Were I to do it again I would have done a 1:7 twist and shot the 128's out of the 25-06. I've killed a pronghorn and a mule deer buck with the 25-06 in a fast twist.