What to do with not used bullets

G

Just curious what you guys do with bullets you find dont perform well and you still have left over bullets (not loaded). I got a few boxs I'll never use again...I think
smile.gif

Joe

Well I had some Bergers that I wasen't gonna use anymore so I asked around if their was anybody that might want to try them out then as folks replied I sent them a dozen or so to try. This was at no cost to me other than the cost of the bullets due to having the company I work for pick up the shipping.
OR
you could just sell them

Lablover,

Since I am in the business of building custom rifles and developing loads for those rifles, I keep every partial box of bullets I ever use on the shelf just in case I have a project come in that could possible use those bullets for testing down the road.

You never know what rifles you will pick up or have built down the road and those bullets cost nothing sitting on the shelf so might as well have them around just in case.

Also, its nice to have them if you have a buddy that wants to test a different bullet, you can trade test bullets and save money instead of buying a new box to test.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Good point fiftydriver

I almost forgot...I'm gonna have a new barrel on this one rifle some day
smile.gif

I was doing some house cleaning and the boxs were driving me nuts.

Joe

I did some house (loading bench) cleaning and really decided to get into it. I had bullets that I don't ever anticipate using. Some full boxes, others partial. I had half containers of 8lb powder kegs that I hadn't used in several years. Brass for guns that I no longer own and won't likely buy in the future.

I boxed the whole shooting match up and brought it to the range that I regularely shoot at. I gave it to the range officer and told him that he could do do whatever he wanted with it. Keep it, shoot it, sell it or give it away.

The only thing that I kept was all those dies. I probably have 40 sets of dies. I've got dies for many cartridges that I do not have guns chambered for. I occasionally load for one of my friends and who knows what I'll need.

I probably should have posted all the dies in the classifieds but I'm just too lazy.
grin.gif

VH

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.