What to do with a spare 6.5 blank

matt_3479

So I purchased a manners prs1t yesterday in sage flats and it came with a brand new m24 6.5 1:8 twist 5r benchmark and have no idea what to do with it. Primarily I'd like to sell or trade it (Canada) for a 22 or 6mm barrel but if that doesn't happen what caliber should I go with. Current line up

- 20 tac
- 223 rem
- 6creed
- 25 creed
- 260 rem
- 300 Norma.

I don't really need another 6.5 unless it was a magnum but only have shot actions to run it on which limits me again. The trade for the 22 would be for a 22 creed or more likely a 22 gt, and the 6 would be for the bra. Would consider a 6.5 saum as long as people are having success with the 156's on a short action.

So I purchased a manners prs1t yesterday in sage flats and it came with a brand new m24 6.5 1:8 twist 5r benchmark and have no idea what to do with it. Primarily I'd like to sell or trade it (Canada) for a 22 or 6mm barrel but if that doesn't happen what caliber should I go with. Current line up

- 20 tac
- 223 rem
- 6creed
- 25 creed
- 260 rem
- 300 Norma.

I don't really need another 6.5 unless it was a magnum but only have shot actions to run it on which limits me again. The trade for the 22 would be for a 22 creed or more likely a 22 gt, and the 6 would be for the bra. Would consider a 6.5 saum as long as people are having success with the 156's on a short action.
Is it a blank ? or a finished barrel? I have a couple of stainless steel blanks in 308 & 338 that I could trade.
Ace

Oh it will work but is it gonna meet his expectations, I suggest he do research on what cartridges work best in what actions.
Hes already got some 6.5's so it sounds like if he sticks with another one he wants something faster than what he's already got or run heavier bullets this is were true S.A actions fail

I forgot the SS when I said 6.5 Sherman. I don't and will never own one but I was just going by what has been advertised on this web site by I think is it's creator. I could be mistaken. OP wanted something with magnum speeds out of a short action and the 6.5 Sherman SS from advertisement fills that.

- 20 tac
- 223 rem
- 6creed
- 25 creed
- 260 rem
- 300 Norma.

Build your own wildcat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.