What to build!!

Another vote for the 6.5x47. Or if you got a few 6.5's then the 25 cal version to shoot the 131 BJ. My 6.5x47 has worked great as a deer rifle with the 124 HH at 2938 FPS.

Last edited:
For the best LR performance, I would get a PTG or Wyatts Bainey box (3.110" internal length) and run a .260 AI throated proper for whatever bullet you prefer to shoot and get the most out of it. If you aren't about fireforming, the same setup but strait .260 would be great. A 25 creed sending the 131's would be pretty impressive as well, and would run fine on the setup you currently have, or a 6.5x47 as others have mentioned for the 6.5 flavor (simply because of the stigma surrounding the 6.5 creed....it is a good round though)......depending on what barrel channel the stock is inletted for, I would look at a #1 or #2 fluted 22" barrel. This would be a great back country mule deer or sheep/goat rifle for sure. Chamber preferences may change if the quarry is to include elk frequently.

7mm saw, hands down. Lol
Looks like a slender flute would fit the stock better than a Cf from pic. Spiral flute cut more weight than a straight flute

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.