What to build?

I did the 25 creedmoor due to alpha brass. It's a sweet little cartridge! If it's a mag bolt face I'd be looking into the 257 blackjack or 25 sst.

What's a 308?
Shep

the gold standard for any true marksmen. The OP don't know. He needs to slap a tried and true luepold vx II on that bad boy, a 3-9 specifically, and he'll be crushing everything within 500 yards.😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a 25 creedmoor or 25 dasher that would be cool. 6CM is cool, but I know how much you like reloading and I can see a 6CM getting boring quick.

In my 30 yrs of building custom rifles I did have one guy want a 308. Even had one guy want a 30-06. I don't even own a 7mm08 or a 270win reamer. No one has ask for one. I guess when it comes to custom nobody wants what you can buy on a Walmart gun. Even though they are very solid cartridges. The last 5 yrs or so my most asked for is definitely 280ai and 6.5creed.
Shep

In my 30 yrs of building custom rifles I did have one guy want a 308. Even had one guy want a 30-06. I don't even own a 7mm08 or a 270win reamer. No one has ask for one. I guess when it comes to custom nobody wants what you can buy on a Walmart gun. Even though they are very solid cartridges. The last 5 yrs or so my most asked for is definitely 280ai and 6.5creed.
Shep
Tons of Creedmoor's going out the doors of the big box stores. More than most other cartridges. Savages mostly. You definitely won't see the 7-08 being sold at those same stores.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts