what to build??

I am gonna check out the 30-375. The win mag may not be a bad idea as he alredy has about 800 pieces of brass. I am excited about the 6.5-284. I shot it for the fisrt time a few weekends ago and decided I had to have it. First shot of the day I hit the 12" gong at just under 1300 yards. The shot was about an inch left and 3inches high of dead center. Any other good calibers that this build could end up as???

I am gonna check out the 30-375. The win mag may not be a bad idea as he alredy has about 800 pieces of brass. I am excited about the 6.5-284. I shot it for the fisrt time a few weekends ago and decided I had to have it. First shot of the day I hit the 12" gong at just under 1300 yards. The shot was about an inch left and 3inches high of dead center. Any other good calibers that this build could end up as???
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/new-30-375-wildcat-80853/ all the reading you could ever want on the 30-375 S.I. :)

I'm telling you.....280 AI is the way to go.

I Talked to my smith earlier....Yep, .280 AI is gonna be it. Gonna go with a Douglas XX-Match stainless 5-groove 1:9 twist, Sendero contour, finshed @ 26" w/ an 11* recessed match-crown. All trued up on a fully-blueprinted 700 action. Might can even talk him into jeweling the bolt for me, to add some class to it. Still haven't decided on a stock yet. But I should be in a 1,000 yard shooter and precision whitetail rifle for well under $2K...Minus optics.

Now to save up to go buy one of the $379.99 ADL specials from Academy Sports to build off of. :D

He said one of his other regular customers has one that Mr. Jimmy built for him, and said it was shooting under 1¾" groups @ 700, and just under 2" 3-shot groups @ 1,000. Now, for the record, Jimmy can build a gun like nobody I've ever seen, and he shoots benchrest 1K tournaments and wins. So I know his guns will do it.

So, guess I need to start looking for brass & dies........It never ends..... LOL

Al from BC customs I build all my guns on savage actions I have a 26 in hevy fluted ss 300 mag barrel that might be up for sale . I have built several guns a 338 edge 300rum 338 rum a long range 22-250 with a 32 in 1:7 twist to shoot the hevy a max and bergers also a 6.5-284 identical to the 22-250 both for the same guy and I just orderd a 375 rum to try some 350 smk your mind is the limit all can be made to be a repeter if needed but single always works good for me I don't like getting dings and scratches on the bullet as it feeds out of the mag. The 375 ruger or the 338-375 ruger are 30-06 length and the 338-375 will nip at the lapua and the RUM

I have a few take offs also including a sporter 7mm mag 300 mag a 24 in heavy off my110 fp tac also 300 mag a 300rum a few 30-06 and a 270 all for sale

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.