What to build on an Enfield P14 action?

Land Rover

Hi guys

I have a P14 action and looking at different calibers to do a custom build.
I quite like the sound of the 7mm Rem Mag. But am open to other suggestions.
I have recently completed a P17 25-06 build which shoots well. This time I am looking for a caliber for longer range hunting and shooting targets. Have any of you used a P14 action for a custom build?
Any suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

I'm currently doing a P14 build in 6.5 Epps.

That sounds like a good build. Are you going for a Boyds stock and Timney Trigger etc.
I was thinking of a .303 Epps but not sure if I want to fire form. The .303 Epps is similar to 30-06 velocities.

G'day Landy
I know of one other 303 Epps over this side of the pond on a P14 running around 3006 speeds but it's necked down to 30cal so really it's a 30 Epps. Also there is a 25 Epps around as well.
Mine.
Timney trigger
Dayton speed lock
Bartlien barrel #9 1:8 S/S barrel
Picatinny rail.
Scope wise most likely a Vortex Razor EBR1 MOA.
Stock wise Boyds don't make a stock in the profile I want so had to go with Richards Microfits. I have read good and bad with Richards but will see. But if it's good I'll get a copy made but using good ol aussie hard wood like Ironbark.

Fire forming isn't all that bad. I normally fire form when running the barrel in, after theat while hunting I might fire a couple of as well. But the key thing is to anneal the cases to get the life and dies made up to suit the cartridge. Another option is hydraulic forming this will get you about 90% there and fire forming the last little bit.
Over the years people have had there idea's on what the Epps specs were and you hear slightly different versions. My reamer is coming from Manson and dies most likely made by CH4D.
Cheers
Rossco

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.