What to build…7SAUM or 7 RUM

Build the 7saum on a long action. Call and put you a backorder in for saum brass. They are making a run on the brass probably before you get your components. 7saum is probably one of the easiest to load for, fun to shoot cause it will make you look good. You already have a 28 Nosler not far off the 7rum at all. You will find you shoot the saum a lot. You can build it yourself with a prefit depending on your action. Put one together last week for a friend. Shot his first 1/2" groups at 300 yards in his life. Great cartridge.....let us know which way you go. Can't go wrong with any of them.
Where are you putting 7saum brass on back order. Ever place I know is not doing back orders any more. At one time creedmore sports use to do back orders but they are not doing that anymore.

Where are you putting 7saum brass on back order. Ever place I know is not doing back orders any more. At one time creedmore sports use to do back orders but they are not doing that anymore.
I was about to ask the same. The only place I know of now is EuroOptic and I'm not sure if they do ADG brass and who knows when you will get it if they do.

I was about to ask the same. The only place I know of now is EuroOptic and I'm not sure if they do ADG brass and who knows when you will get it if they do.
300 PRC brass is available everywhere...and probably will be due to the popularity of the caliber...neck to 7mm and never look back

300 PRC brass is available everywhere...and probably will be due to the popularity of the caliber...neck to 7mm and never look back
Sorry I was specifically asking about ADG 7SAUM brass. I am starting to work on a 300 SAUM Improved and want to use ADG brass. Since they don't offer 300SAUM I planned to neck up 7SAUM brass.

Sorry I was specifically asking about ADG 7SAUM brass. I am starting to work on a 300 SAUM Improved and want to use ADG brass. Since they don't offer 300SAUM I planned to neck up 7SAUM brass.
I was thinking of the a 300 Saum Improved the other day wondering what the gain would be to a 30 WSM. Keep me or us in the loop on how that goes for ya.

I was thinking of the a 300 Saum Improved the other day wondering what the gain would be to a 30 WSM. Keep me or us in the loop on how that goes for ya.
I have played around necking up some 6.5 SAUM Improved brass. The gains with improving the case are impressive, at least to me.

Looking at SAAMI dimensions, the 7SAUM & 300 SAUM appear almost identical. The 6.5 SAUM has a shorter neck. I would prefer a slightly longer neck with the 30 caliber bullets.

I need some 7SAUM cases to compare and to send off to have a reamer built.

Pictures below are all Berger 185 Juggernauts.

Attachments

• E2BAB9CF-7F09-4F0E-8514-35EC97C3758B.jpeg
    E2BAB9CF-7F09-4F0E-8514-35EC97C3758B.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 412DEBA1-98F3-4A01-906A-2EDB95EF9E73.jpeg
    412DEBA1-98F3-4A01-906A-2EDB95EF9E73.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 941FE886-2B79-457A-AE13-4841834D91BB.jpeg
    941FE886-2B79-457A-AE13-4841834D91BB.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 38
I have played around necking up some 6.5 SAUM Improved brass. The gains with improving the case are impressive, at least to me.

Looking at SAAMI dimensions, the 7SAUM & 300 SAUM appear almost identical. The 6.5 SAUM has a shorter neck. I would prefer a slightly longer neck with the 30 caliber bullets.

I need some 7SAUM cases to compare and to send off to have a reamer built.

Pictures below are all Berger 185 Juggernauts.
If you contact ADG there is a good chance they may give you a couple cases for a build. You will probably have to buy a hat or shirt. At least that's what they did for me. Good people just can't keep up with the demand.

also-

Last edited:
I say saum, simply because the rum needs 30" barrel to capture all the powder that it becomes silly long. If you want a 26", the nosler can about match it. The saum is a nice package of useful velocity, good barrel life and 35% less powder than the rum.

Recent Posts