What tires do you run on your pickup

Duratracks here too. 265 70's off top of my head. Im on my 4th truck with never being happy tire wise with various brands and styles.. I have never found a tire I was really happy with until the Duratracks. They more then exceeded my expectations on and off road. I'm ready for a new set now. They lasted far longer then I could have hoped for too.
Buddy who really doesn't hunt or off road unless I take him was anti off road style tires until his wife got stuck twice a few winter's ago just going to grocery store. We have a few roads out near us thst just get wicked icy and well over 2 feet in drifts anytime the wind blows the snow up on roads (which is all the time) always cars and trucks stuck or in the ditches. He looked at what was on my truck after the second time and two days latter his truck was sporting duratracks. I know he's sold several people on them too.

I have had Toyo's, Yokohoma, and now Bridgestone Revo 2 my 07 2500HD and I pull a 11000 lb toy hauler with it. All of the tires were fine, loving my Revo2's though. These are 10 ply, quite, get excellent traction, and handle quite well for a truck tire. I run 285/75/16's and could not be happier right now. I got 55k on the Yokohama Geolanders and I am expecting that out of these Revo2's. I have 10000 on them now and they look new.

just dont tell my wife she thinks the ones I have now are fine

hahaha. that sounds familiar. :)

Do any of you guys get your tires siped? I got the tires siped on my wifes SUV and I can notice a big improvement in the snow. I got the tires at Les Schwab and they told me that the only time to not sipe tires is if you do a lot of driving in dirt/gravel as the grit will get between the siping and wear the tire a little faster. Just curioius if anybody would sipe the tires on their truck. I need new tires soon and I'm thinking about doing it since winter driving here in Colorado is really where I'm concerned the most with traction.

hahaha. that sounds familiar. :)

Do any of you guys get your tires siped? I got the tires siped on my wifes SUV and I can notice a big improvement in the snow. I got the tires at Les Schwab and they told me that the only time to not sipe tires is if you do a lot of driving in dirt/gravel as the grit will get between the siping and wear the tire a little faster. Just curioius if anybody would sipe the tires on their truck. I need new tires soon and I'm thinking about doing it since winter driving here in Colorado is really where I'm concerned the most with traction.

My buddy was just telling me this exact thing! I had never heard of it until he brought it up. I dont even know if you can get it done around here.

One of the negatives with the Goodyear Duratrac is that they tend to get rock drilled pretty easy. This is mainly because the casing isn't very heavy. There were a lot of mines in Wyoming running the Duratracs and this was their biggest complaint. Fierce Attitude M/T is another good choice, probably the same casing as the duratrac since the Fierce is made by Goodyear, but a little more aggressive tread, very quiet and wear well. I am also a fan of Mickey Thompson MTZ and ATZP3. Three ply sidewalls, good wear.

The other thing I heard is that siping can actually help out on a hot day driving on pavement by allowing the tire to cool a little bit better.

One of the negatives with the Goodyear Duratrac is that they tend to get rock drilled pretty easy. This is mainly because the casing isn't very heavy. There were a lot of mines in Wyoming running the Duratracs and this was their biggest complaint. Fierce Attitude M/T is another good choice, probably the same casing as the duratrac since the Fierce is made by Goodyear, but a little more aggressive tread, very quiet and wear well. I am also a fan of Mickey Thompson MTZ and ATZP3. Three ply sidewalls, good wear.

I will be giving you a call in the near future dave. I got your PM

I run Goodyear Duratrac on my Ford F250 up here in Alaska and their working great year around for me( no studs I the winter either)..

Siping on diesels is not that great of an idea, especially if you pull. We discuss this frequently at the shop with our fleet trucks. We sipe all the cars and non-diesels. I ran 1 set of siped Toyo's and destroyed them in 20k. Never again on my diesel.

You also have to be careful with siping as far as warranty is concerned. Typically any modifications to the tire from the way it came out of the factory will void the warranty. I run a lot of diesels, and if you find a tire that hold up to a high torque diesel, you are golden. I have seen lots of tires that do great on diesels that are destroyed in short order on a diesel. The other thing is if the diesel does any towing. If the tire can't handle the torque, the rubber just melts away.

That makes total sense not to sipe a diesel. Overall you are weakening the integrity of the tread and the monster diesel torque is gonna chew up anything that is not strong enough. My 2500HD just has the wimpy gas engine and I don't have any toys to tow, so I'm assuming my truck isn't going to put enough torque to the ground to worry about it.

I wouldn't sipe the tires either. We drive in all kinds of conditions up here in Alaska. I would say most people up here buy 2 sets of tires( pair of Blizzaks for winter, softer tire for traction and a set of summer tires). Me personally, I buy a set of good all terrain tires and have done well. First year I've tried the Goodyear Duratracs, usually used either BF All terrains or Toyo AT's. I don't have a diesel truck, got a gas truck cause it just warms up so much faster in our cold *** winters!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.