What Tent and sleeping bag combo?

AkNimrod,
While the pricey and excellent quality Hilleberg Akto is a long time favorite (decades long!) I chose the similar Tarptent Moment DW for several reasons.
1. ability to have a longitudinal Crossing Pole for wet snow load and wind resistance
2. much more aerodynamic ends that also shed snow far better.
3. dual doors/vestibules

In fact I shortened my Crossing Pole 6 inches and ran it under my moment's fly for even better fly support. For situations where there is any chance of snow the Moment DW is a better choice and for quite a bit less money.

I've had 5 Tarptents over the past 15 years and still own 3 of them. They are only a bit below Hilleberg's build quality but above other tentmaker's quality. I have often spoken directly to the owner, Henry Shires, and the customer service has always been the very best.

AkNimrod,
While the pricey and excellent quality Hilleberg Akto is a long time favorite (decades long!) I chose the similar Tarptent Moment DW for several reasons.
1. ability to have a longitudinal Crossing Pole for wet snow load and wind resistance
2. much more aerodynamic ends that also shed snow far better.
3. dual doors/vestibules

In fact I shortened my Crossing Pole 6 inches and ran it under my moment's fly for even better fly support. For situations where there is any chance of snow the Moment DW is a better choice and for quite a bit less money.

I've had 5 Tarptents over the past 15 years and still own 3 of them. They are only a bit below Hilleberg's build quality but above other tentmaker's quality. I have often spoken directly to the owner, Henry Shires, and the customer service has always been the very best.
Dang, you trying to kill my sale

My inability to communicate directly with you is killing the sale. Is there a way to PM on this site? I am still interested.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.