What talents do you have...

I know a lot of you play with machines at milling parts and pieces for rifles and that is a damned good talent to have....I don't have lathes or such for extreme precision results but I do make do with manufacturing components here and there....
I started working construction fairly young...added in some winter work of guiding for salmon and steelhead, which progressed into a taxidermy job, which progressed into a fish taxidermy specialty business...so with several individual talents to myself..I am curious of some of the talents that people on here possess....View attachment 89851 View attachment 89852 View attachment 89851 View attachment 89852 View attachment 89854 View attachment 89855 View attachment 89856 View attachment 89857
Here's a couple of things I have done....
My only talent is working hard all of my life destroying my body into the fine specimen that I am today.

Nice work. You are a talented fitter and welder. Kudos to you.

I can neatly solder copper tubing and pack and pour lead joints on cast iron pipe. Maybe I am a dying breed.
I bet there are some young plumbers that don't even know what you're talking about nowadays you just clamp rings around pecs tubing

I can't remember names for crap! But lay you're credit card down for six to eight seconds and I'll spit out your number to you from now on. Its strange how I can remember a sixteen digit number but not your name. Gimme a few a few more seconds and I'll have your exp date and security code. Trick isn't to try and remember a 16 digit number but four four digit members. Always had a thing for numbers. 4417 1237 1300 1212 first credit card number I ever had. About 40 years ago. Won't do you any good now !

I can't remember names for crap! But lay you're credit card down for six to eight seconds and I'll spit out your number to you from now on. Its strange how I can remember a sixteen digit number but not your name. Gimme a few a few more seconds and I'll have your exp date and security code. Trick isn't to try and remember a 16 digit number but four four digit members. Always had a thing for numbers. 4417 1237 1300 1212 first credit card number I ever had. About 40 years ago. Won't do you any good now !
That's one of the coolest and scariest things ever!!!

I excel at slowly learning.

You can quote your first credit card and sometimes I can't remember what I had for supper last night! But now I'm thinking about letters I can still remember the combination to our post office box when I was 10 or 12 years old and used to ride my bike to the post office to get our mail. It's funny what sticks and what doesn't.

I guess my hidden talent is knife making.

Dad made hunting knives from files for our crew way back. Last one he did was mine. Caught in the wheel and took a chunk out of him. Had to send off to get finished.

I learned from a local smith in the 80's when I was unemployed during the winter. Been a few years while building our house but going to make a few this summer...🤞

tempImagepj9oWt.png tempImage3HDTG1.png07E202A2-78C3-4537-AFE5-C2F61C609D81_1_201_a.jpeg

You can quote your first credit card and sometimes I can't remember what I had for supper last night! But now I'm thinking about letters I can still remember the combination to our post office box when I was 10 or 12 years old and used to ride my bike to the post office to get our mail. It's funny what sticks and what doesn't.
I know. I'm embarrassed by my inability to remember the names of people I've met several times. The brain works in strange ways. May have been all the licks to the head I had as a kid. My wife, what's her name, helps me out in social situations by saying the name of people as they walk up.

I guess my hidden talent is knife making.

Dad made hunting knives from files for our crew way back. Last one he did was mine. Caught in the wheel and took a chunk out of him. Had to send off to get finished.

I learned from a local smith in the 80's when I was unemployed during the winter. Been a few years while building our house but going to make a few this summer...🤞

View attachment 445666 View attachment 445671View attachment 445673
You definitely have a talent.

Recent Posts