What suppressors do you guys like?

How much sound difference would there be on 6.5 PRC between the TBAC Ultra 7 and Ultra 5? Sounds like a lot of people are running the Ultra 7, but not the Ultra 5.

I've shot plenty of cans and have several as well. All of the Thunderbeast cans I have used have no point of impact change (using the CB style break). I use an Ultra 9 on my 300 PRC and 300 RUM and it's the same POI with the can on or off. I've taught classes for a company that uses a couple TBAC cans on many of their guns and no change on them either. They seem to have great DB ratings as well. If you call the company, you get someone on the phone that will talk to you and answer your questions. They are long range guys and built cans for LR competition.

Ase Utra and Sus-tac are probably my favorites but I don't know if one can get either in the USA. Nearly all of my time behind cans is done outside of the USA.

Another TBAC Ultra 7 user here. I like most here shoot long and so when I bought I looked at what the top PRS shooters that used cans had. Back when I looked it was TBAC by a lot. I opted for direct thread because I am just done with breaks. I just can't take chances with what little hearing I have left and so on the occasion that I shoot unsuppressed no breaks for me.

I am currently looking at the Banish 30 for my first can. Do you liked yours? Has your groups opened or tightened with its use. I would expect or accept a POI shift but not a group size shift. I like what everyone has to say about the TBAC Ultra 7 but I can not find one or even a dealer with in 200 miles of me that has stock. SC makes it so easy to just order off there web site.

How much sound difference would there be on 6.5 PRC between the TBAC Ultra 7 and Ultra 5? Sounds like a lot of people are running the Ultra 7, but not the Ultra 5.
Ultra 5 on some test is still above 140 db. I have the Ultra 7 also. Look at GA jager to. Titanium and slight over the barrel to reduce length I have it on a 26" 6.5prc only 2" longer than brake.

A lot. I sell cans. I have an ultra9 and ultra 5 for demo. I use the 5 on my hunting rifle and the 9 on a long range blaster, mostly. The 9 is silly quiet, but long for a lot of hunting situations. The 5 is a lot louder than the 9. The 7 is just a few db louder than the 9 but still way quieter than the 5. Get a 7, or get a 9. Shy away from the 5 unless you can hear one on your gun(s) first.

TBAC - Low weight, high build quality, good QC, good resolutions when QC issues happen, long term support has been exceptional, customer service has been exceptional, the owners' are well regarded in the community, and the ones I own have worked very well for me. Those factors make them an excellent choice for buying with confidence something that you pay up front for and can sit around for months/year+ before you actually get it in hand.

None of that is a dig at other manufacturers, any other one you name might be just as good as TBAC, but he asked what we like and my opinion is based on my first hand experiences with TBAC being great.

My SiCo Omega 300s are still my favorite cans though. The modularity and build quality make them a great value, the fact you can still get them for $700-900 is amazing to me. They could sell them for $1,200 and I'd probably buy a third one still.

I am currently looking at the Banish 30 for my first can. Do you liked yours? Has your groups opened or tightened with its use. I would expect or accept a POI shift but not a group size shift. I like what everyone has to say about the TBAC Ultra 7 but I can not find one or even a dealer with in 200 miles of me that has stock. SC makes it so easy to just order off there web site.
Call Mile high Shooting, and order the can through their website:

They did a Form 3 to my local shop for me for nothing more than the cost of shipping from them, they called and asked for contact info for where I wanted it to go and took care of everything for me. Excellent customer service. It's very apparent that they do this all the time, she was 100% on point with everything. I literally did nothing more than order from the website, talk to her on the phone once, and then I got a call from my local shop saying it arrived.

From that point forward it's however your local shop wants to work with you on paperwork. I was fortunate that mine had a Silencer Shop kiosk so I was able to use my SS account and do all the forms and the check for the stamp electronically as if I'd bought straight from SS. Yes it was an extra $100-ish for the middle man local shop to facilitate, but Mile High has them in stock currently so it was worth it to me.

There appears to be a bunch of SS Kiosks near you, you can set up your account online and go in to the kiosk for fingerprints.

I know you said SC, but SS has worked great for me many, many times, and I don't hesitate to recommend them. Get the Banish from SC if that's what you want - I'm not trying to change you mind against it, just trying to make the TBAC option possible if that's what you really want.

Mainly I hope this helps guys who can't find cans in-stock somewhere that makes online very easy (SC and SS) and helps TBAC and Mile High make more sales. I like all the companies involved here and want more happy can owners in the country.

I should probably get a Banish, everyone who has one seems to love it. 🤣 There must be something there.

Last edited:
A lot. I sell cans. I have an ultra9 and ultra 5 for demo. I use the 5 on my hunting rifle and the 9 on a long range blaster, mostly. The 9 is silly quiet, but long for a lot of hunting situations. The 5 is a lot louder than the 9. The 7 is just a few db louder than the 9 but still way quieter than the 5. Get a 7, or get a 9. Shy away from the 5 unless you can hear one on your gun(s) first.
^^^ This.

Agreed with the length vs. Db issues. I have multiple Tbac's in a couple of different calibers. I love the Ti Ultra series and I'm one of the few goofballs that doesn't mind hunting with the Ultra 9 (even on a 26" barrel). I have Ultra 9's and an Ultra 7, but I mostly spin on the 9 for about any application I find myself in. I just love how quiet it makes a big magnum.