What Suppressor Trust?

My first purchase was in 2016. If anything happened to me I wanted my Wife to legally have options so a Trust was setup.

And then we got 41F which just muddied the waters on my next purchase.

I used NFA Lawyers from the beginning. Service has been great. I have only called them once since 2016 and I was never charged for the consultation. The RED text above is a link.

What suppressor trust is the best? I have a suppressor waiting at my dealer. I need to get a trust set up before doing paperwork. Not sure if one is better than another?

Also, do you not list trustees until after tax stamp is approved and add them later or are you all adding them immediately?

Please help and clarify what I should do.

Thanks
Steve
This is where you need a lawyer, an actual went to school and passed the Bar Exam lawyer, not some keyboard attorney, or Legal Zoom.
I used to work in a gun shop as a kid and the owner, on top of tax evasion, got smacked for essentially practicing law without a license, for redistribution of a cookie cutter trust.

Let your fingers do the walking, and find an Estate lawyer; a search of your state Bar Association could be helpful.

You wouldn't let Bubba work on your custom rifle, done let Bubba give you legal advice.

I used nationalguntrusts.com for my form 1 stuff and haven't had any issues. I am currently the only responsible person on it, but will be adding people down the road.

I and a few friends have gone through nationalguntrusts.com. I had a handful of questions after reading through it. The staff were very helpful and quick to respond. Do a trust so you can add trustees. Better in the long run

As for adding trustees, its not worth it to me to do a solo application and then add trustees after the fact. Or like some I hear about, remove trustees, apply, and then after the approval, re-add. Its not worth it. I save finger print cards for the trustees. Then I can make appropriate copies and mail them all in when I want another suppressor. BTW, you can get the finger print cards for free from the ATF.

A don't think having slows the approval. Form 4's take forever regardless.

You don't need a lawyer. The easiest and best way is to use the SilencerShop unlimited trust system for $130. Buy one time, then all suppressors, whether purchased through them or not, can be done on a trust.
Get on SS website and chat with one of their reps. They'll walk you through it. Its too easy now... they have it down to a science.
I can add people to my suppressor trusts and they can possess the item without me there, and, they don't have to go get fingerprinting done. They only need to get a form notarized... that is it.

Mine is a revocable living trust known as (family name) revocable trust. I am trustee and my wife an legal age kids are co-trustees. You can always add co-trustees. I would absolutely consult an attorney that does trust. Cost a little more but possession of silencer without stamp (invalid trust may invalidate stamp) means you loose it and may do jail time. I'm not an attorney and I didn't play one on TV so can't confirm all of the above is true which is why you need an attorney.
Would you take short cuts on reloading?

Hello,

I am not sure where you live so this may not apply to you... In Texas and as of September 1, 2021, so long you are a Texas resident and the silencer/suppressor is manufactured in Texas, a trust and tax stamp are not required. They can can be had as an "over-the-counter" item just like muzzle brakes.

While I applaud Texas for their forward-thinking laws regarding suppressors, the legal precedence for enacting such legislation is untested at this point. I do not think the BATFE/Federal Govt. will let this development go unchallenged. The Supreme Court will have to ultimately decide if state law can trump federal law or if federal law was ultimately unenforcible because it lacked jurisdiction over the sale of such items. In other words, if rights not expressly granted to the federal government remain with the states, then Congress cannot bypass such constitutional safeguards by merely passing a law. It will be interesting to watch.

I used silencer shop and it was super easy. Also if you add trustees you have to get it amended and the next time you get another can those trustees will have to be verified as well as you. I heard to remove them if you are getting another and add after. Never done it though.