What stocks can be inlet for a Savage 116 LH?

Oliveralan

I am having real trouble finding an aftermarket stock for my LH savage 116 300 win mag.

So anyone have any ideas which stocks can be inlet for the savage 116? I want a A2/A5 style carbon fiber stock, vertical grip and flat forend prefered.

This rifle will be my main hunting rifle and I plan on getting it bedded into the stock, if this makes any difference.

Thanks,
Oliver

A Savage action should fit in most anything a Remington 700 will. Manner's T2 is a sort of A2/A5 cross and can be had in carbon fiber and inletted for a Savage.

That is what I am curious about, is the action screw spacing the same as that of a Remington 700? This is the new savage, just bought it 2weeks ago.

You may want to Kevin Rayhill, http://www.stockadegunstocks.com , he can take care of even you guys shooting from the wrong side of your gun :rolleyes:.
I don't shoot one of his stock only because I am shooting a short action and I shoot on the correct side of my gun so options are many. But seriously hes work is highly recommended in Savage circles.

I love my Stockade. Great deal for just over $200.

Here's mine.

S8000416.jpg

Bigngreen and geargrinder, thanks a ton! I'm pretty set on getting a stockade stock. Those things look sweet and are well priced. Will probably get a money saver kit and finish it myself. Hope the LH doesn't cost extra...

Geargrinder, what action is that? Looks a bit like a savage, which is exactly what I have, LH long action SS, any suggestions on a color guys? Want something a little more special than the normal black stock.

Thanks,
Oliver

If you plan on painting it anyway a right handed stock is an easy modification. Just fill in the right side bolt slot and file the slot for the bolt on the left side.
For that matter a laminent stock will work too? This old 110 got the bolt filed on the left side and painted...Been a good shooter through the years
7-6-08%20Glens%20007.jpg

I have thought about doing that (modifying a RH stock) but I'm afraid I'll chip out the filling. Would prefer just buying a LH stock than being afraid to have the part chip or break out.

For this rifle I would prefer a composite over laminate because it's lighter and scratches aren't as visable on it.

Bigngreen and geargrinder, thanks a ton! I'm pretty set on getting a stockade stock. Those things look sweet and are well priced. Will probably get a money saver kit and finish it myself. Hope the LH doesn't cost extra...

Geargrinder, what action is that? Looks a bit like a savage, which is exactly what I have, LH long action SS, any suggestions on a color guys? Want something a little more special than the normal black stock.

Thanks,
Oliver

It is a Savage action with a SSS tactical bolt handle. Started as a 112 BVSS. It's now a 300WSM with a Krieger barrel in a plastic Savage stock.

That stock is now on my 110 Long/Short action 338 Edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.