What size tally rings do I need and what’s the preferred hunting stock?

jkesrnicla

So I'm in the middle of rebuilding a rem 700 adl varmint in 6.5cm For hunting and long range target shooting and I'm looking at Talley rings to mount my leupold Cds 4.5-14x50 30mm tube and I'm not sure what hight to get any suggestions? Also pretty clueless on the stock any help would be appreciated on that too....

I have an Athlon 30mm with 50mm objective in low Talley rings now. Too low, can't fit front lens cover on. Will be getting some mediums soon.

These are medium 20 MOA. Scope is 30mm with44 obj. Those are not what Talley suggested when I asked. Had to send them back. My experience with Talley is whatever they tell you, go up one size for proper fit/ clearance. Had a set of mediums on a Rem LA with a NSX 30mm 50 objective, but were not 20 moa.
I have multiple sets of them in my box. I have found that the ring height is not the problem, however the bases are sometimes too long and based on your eye relief, may not give you clearance. The below really needs to move forward as it is a little "too close" when on full power and I don't get the rifle mounted solid. Any higher and I lose good stockweld. This will shortly be replaced with a rail, I'm done trying to save oz and have to compromise performance.
919B8E15-7A88-49BA-8743-A1ACB9DD866C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm running Talley lightweight medium rings on a Remington 700 SA ,#4 Rock Creek barrel, and a Leupold 4.5-14x40mm in a HS Precision PSS135 stock.

Attachments

• 20200705_103410.jpg
    20200705_103410.jpg
    978.9 KB · Views: 156
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.