What size gongs for 400-600?

Hitting a 1/2 to 1 MOA target at long range is lots of fun, but its also monumentally frustrating trying to determine if the tiny splash in the dirt just off the edge of the target was .1 or .2 mils off of your hold, so I agree with others here that having a bigger target (~2 MOA) with a smaller point of aim painted on it for longer range shots is preferable.

Just have to keep the paint fresh so that you can spot your shots and dont fall into the trap of shooting just to get an impact. Use the bigger target to give you feedback on where you are hitting vs where you aimed.

Small targets are nice for precision work at big outdoor ranges where you cant roll downrange every 10 shots to re-paint the targets and see where you are hitting vs point of aim and halfway through the day they are so shot up that you cant even really tell where the splash on the target came from anymore.

That is a good idea. Gonna have to put that on my to do list. Thanks for the idea of putting a 6 inch swinger on a bigger target. I've seen hard mount targets like that but a moving center on a hang yourself target...nice

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.