What should we make next?

Savage prefits for me, I dont know of any cut rifled ones offered right now, I have multiple Savage rifles that would get Kreiger prefits if you offered them.

I would also buy AR15 barrels.

As far as faster turn around, just please don't ever sacrifice that Kreiger quality for faster delivery times.

I for one realize a savage prefit may be a small compromise but truth be told. I would buy them in a heart beat. As it it sits right now the krieger cut rifling would shoot straight to the top my list in a prefit but waiting for a barrel and then waiting for a smith and waiting some more is not something I do. When I am putting together a new rifle it goes from initiation to rounds down range in a week or two. My local smiths take months and standing around with my hat in my hand is as useless as they are......some good smiths but I don't use them do to down time.

Hi all, As we are always looking for new products to come out with, it is sometimes hard to have the time to develop new products, test, evaluate, and release to the public in a timely manner. We would like to concentrate on one or two new things at a time so the R&D doesn't become overwhelming. Some of the barrels we are considering are...

.20 caliber AR-15 barrels. These would most likely be done in our "Varmatch" tm style barrel only, in .920" or .812" muzzle diameters, up to 26" length. We have not made production runs of these as of yet because of one reason. The gas port. A Krieger Barrels "Gas Gun" has always had the gas port in a groove, not to encroach on the edge of a land at all. The issue is, we make our .20 cal barrels with 6 grooves & lands making the groove width around .060"...the gas port is .093". You see the dilema. We have made a few of these for testing and had really good results with accuracy, but the gas port cuts a (and sometimes both) groove(s). Does this matter? It seems not to, but it's been the way we have always made them. We would only make these with the understanding that there is no way the port could be solely in a groove.

"Drop in" barrels for Savage rifles. This seems to be our current biggest request. We do not currently do this, again, because of our belief of the way a barrel should be fitted. We do not offer any pre-threaded barrels for bolt guns for the simple reason of tolerance stacking. Say a rifle is manufactured with a 1-1/16" x 18tpi thread, That is not the whole story on this thread. There is tolerance in the major and minor diameters of the thread. Those need to be acounted for when making a drop in barrel. You need to make a drop in barrel able to fit the tightest receiver thread allowed by the factory tolerance. This means it will fit 70% of the guns loosely. To us, that is not an acceptable fitting for a premium accurate rifle. We are certainly capable of making a drop in barrel for the Savage, but do we compromise our standards on the quality of fitting to make these available?

AR-15 Carbines with the short gas system and 16.5" finish length. We used to make these, but they were never big sellers for us as most of our clients are precision marsmen, competitive shooters, varmint hunters, etc. The carbines are more popular with 3-Gun competitors, but you generally do not need the accuracy (and related cost) of a Krieger Barrel for this. However, with the current political climate, we are seeing more requests for these barrels again.

Drop in 10-22 barrels. These we would most likely do in only a .920" diameter straight, 1-16 twist, chambered for .22LR, Stainless Steel, 18". The WMRF should have a bolt of a different weight and we would not move enough of those to make a production size run of the chambering. The .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire also should use a different bore & groove dimension than the standard rimfire round, so this would be a completely different product.

Anytihing else you are looking for, please post up and let us know. We are always open to new ideas.

Thank you!
I've not seen your site and am probably going to ask about something you may have already done but im wondering about a re barrel for the Remington 700 Xhr 7RUM im working on as im sure your aware they never did make a barrel for it with a slow enough twist to properly run a high velocity out of. Im told a 1 in 8 twist will work for me but i need length and light weight so was dreaming of a long barrel ground in the XHR style. Would you or have you or could you do this.?
Thanks in advance

I've not seen your site and am probably going to ask about something you may have already done but im wondering about a re barrel for the Remington 700 Xhr 7RUM im working on as im sure your aware they never did make a barrel for it with a slow enough twist to properly run a high velocity out of. Im told a 1 in 8 twist will work for me but i need length and light weight so was dreaming of a long barrel ground in the XHR style. Would you or have you or could you do this.?
Thanks in advance

You should go directly to their website since this is a 12-year-old post by the OP.

years ago I put together my first AR15 from Compass Lake engineering. It had a .920 x 24" Kreiger bull barrel with a 1-13" twist. Ive about shot the accuracy out after a few prairie dog shoots, but havent been able to locate a replacement replica