what scopes have a lot of elevation

jimbires

Fellas what scopes have a lot of elevation adjustment ? I've found the Valdada recon G2 has 150 moa elevation . does anyone have an opinion on this scope ?
I also know of the March genesis , having huge amounts of elevation .
I tried using the Valdada adjustable mount , but it raised the sight height to where I wasn't comfortable shooting it . what else is out there ? thanks Jim

I'm using a discontinued NF 60 MOA base. Using it with SWFA 10X and medium scope rings. I think I could use low rings for it. My receiver dimensions are off so I have 34 mils of elevation adjustment.

đź”· If you're into the higher price bracket, Cal Zant on his Precision Rifle Blog did a huge test series, and he's got some of those specs listed in a neat diagram:

tactical-rifle-scope-elevation-adjustment-range-in-mils1.png

To give credit: The diagram is from the following article:
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/08/22/tactical-scopes-mechanical-performance-part-2/

The summary article of the series can be found at the following link (with additional links there to different parts of the series):

đź”· For less pricey glass, I have a couple of Scope Specs Tables that compare the specs of around 150 scopes, including the max. elevation adjustment.
I'll attach the Tables for the following magnification ranges below:
(1) 4-16x | 3-18x | 4-20x
(2) 6-24x | 5-25x | 5-30x | 4-20x

Matthias

Attachments

• SCOPE Specs Table. For 4-16x or 3-18x or 4-20x Scopes.pdf
    284.5 KB · Views: 122
  • SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf
    280.7 KB · Views: 104
Fellas what scopes have a lot of elevation adjustment ? I've found the Valdada recon G2 has 150 moa elevation . does anyone have an opinion on this scope ?
I also know of the March genesis , having huge amounts of elevation .
I tried using the Valdada adjustable mount , but it raised the sight height to where I wasn't comfortable shooting it . what else is out there ? thanks Jim
Vector 6 x 24 ..34 mills...under 800.00....great glass ....

we might be able to get a target up around 3000 yards . right now I'm used up around 2300 yards .

What caliber? What rifle and scope you using now?

Depending on your set up now you don't need a new scope but you can use a prism set up to add elevation. My buddy has a Tacom Charlie Tarac and it works great. Cant put it on and take it off if you want and adds a good amount of elevation. Will also be cheaper than the mentioned scopes.

While I'm very pleased with overall performace of my ZCO420, I'm particularly impressed with the elevation range. The 36mm tube certainly helps in this department. While I would rarely make much use of this feature for my centerfire LRH/Shooting, the 35MIL(120MOA) elevation range enables this scope to perform double duty for my rimfire PRS competition rifle which needs all the elevation range I can get for the long shots.

That's why I use my Vortex Razor Gen III 6-36 on my rimfire comp rifle as it has 36 mils of elevation.

we might be able to get a target up around 3000 yards . right now I'm used up around 2300 yards .
TacomHQ.com You're going to want a charlie tarac. That way you can do the ridiculous distance but still be able to keep a 100yrd zero. Beyond 2k yrds is getting into rare air. Among people that do that Taracs are pretty common.