What Scope to buy

Troy929

Hey there I am looking at buying the SAKO TRG42 338 lapua. was wondering what scope would work best as well as stand up to the shock force, so i dont have to keep resighting it. thanks
I am new to all of this so all the info would help.

Wll depending on your budget their are several good one out their. For the money the IOR's are realy hard to be , of course their are the Leupold MK4's that are very popular with some guys , can't go wrong with a Nightforce or step up to the higher end scope like US Optics and Shmidt&Bender.

Kinda depends on what your checking account can stand.

But I don't see how some guys drop $3000+ on a rifle then bitch about putting a $1500 scope on it.
Like the old saying goes if you can't see it you can't kill it , also if the scope can't handel the anuse the gun dishes out then its of no use other than adding weight.

Troy, I have two Leupold VX III L/R's (30 mm tube, 50 mm objective, side focus, and good glass). One is on a .30 x .378 and the other is on a .338 x .378. No problems with either, but the Leupold warranty is good just in case. They can be bought for $700 - $800 or so. Be sure and use quality bases and rings. I like Warne, Weaver Grand slams, and Leupold dual turn-ins and QR's. They are all steel.

Just my opinion, Tom

My Leupold VXIII did not hold up to the recoil of my Sako TRGs in 338 LM (no brake). Leupold is good on their warranty.

I have on my 338 Edge one IOR scope, and all i have to say about it is WOAU...
Glass quality is outstanding. I put through the tube more than a 1000 rounds and the scope is ROCK SOLID, TRACKING AND RETURNING ALL THE TIME TO THE ZERO.
I'm more then pleased with my decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.