what sccopea nightforce SH

horse killer

I am having a rifle built in a 28 Nosler. I will be using the rifle mainly for elk hunting. I have narrowed it down to either a Nightforce SHV 5X20X56 , Swarovski Z3 3x14X50 or a Zeiss Conquest HD5 5X25X50. Looking to have a 600 yard rifle .Any comments would be appreciated

I cannot speak to the Swaro or Zeiss, other than looking through them in a store which counts for almost nothing.

I have a SHV 5-20 and have run box tests, thermometer tests and it tracks dead nuts. The glass is as clear (or in most cases, clearer) as anything I've personally used in the field (Leupold, Sightron, Trijicon, Nikon, Hawke etc).

A quick look at the spec's alone tell me that the NF is a 30mm tube vs 1" for the other two. 56mm obj vs 50 for the others and 80MOA of elevation compared to 65 for the Zeiss and 43 for the Swaro.

I'm not an elk hunter but logic tells me I would want all the light gathering I could get and the SHV lends itself to more......on paper. Hopefully others with experience on the other two models will weigh in for some more info.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.