What rimfire?

That doesn't sound like it wasn't tinkered with. By the time I do all that, I might as well save up and invest in a Vudoo or RimX.

I love old school rifles like that, but I wouldn't want to cut and thread one of those for my suppressor. I had Dad's old Mossberg 44 growing up, my nephew uses it now in 4H.

Yes it can, and the one I have does. It just needs standard or high velocity ammunition. You have to manually cycle the action if you run subsonic ammunition in my rifle.
Oops, my mistake, totally forgot about the suppressor part. Did I mention old school, I fit that part. Funny that photo got chopped off, looked good when I posted it at first. Meh, it is irrelevant now, since he wants a suppressor.

That doesn't sound like it wasn't tinkered with. By the time I do all that, I might as well save up and invest in a Vudoo or RimX.

I love old school rifles like that, but I wouldn't want to cut and thread one of those for my suppressor. I had Dad's old Mossberg 44 growing up, my nephew uses it now in 4H.

Yes it can, and the one I have does. It just needs standard or high velocity ammunition. You have to manually cycle the action if you run subsonic ammunition in my rifle.
Tikka T1x ~$499
Spring kit <$20
KRG Bravo $350
No bedding or torque tuning. No foil tape and foam. +/- 1" groups at 100
Shoots well with the factory stock. Factory trigger adjusts way down. Mine shoots better suppressed. Needs additional moa scope rail to get to 300+
<$1000

I agree, start saving for the Vudoo but that is a different budget. Roughly $2000 to get the barreled action in hand. Add a trigger and stock unless you have parts already on hand. $2500 minimum ready to scope. Outside the parameters of your original post.

We have spent a lot of time and money chasing the rabbit hole. The Tikka was just the best and most accurate option I have personally put together that was within the budget constraints you put in your first post. I could have bought several Vudoos for what I spent chasing and modifying different options. But, the journey is half the fun and it's your money.
Good luck. 10-24, 10-8

Tikka T1x ~$499
Spring kit <$20
KRG Bravo $350
No bedding or torque tuning. No foil tape and foam. +/- 1" groups at 100
Shoots well with the factory stock. Factory trigger adjusts way down. Mine shoots better suppressed. Needs additional moa scope rail to get to 300+
<$1000
The Tikka rifles I found in stock online were about $100 more and the KRG stock was about $20 more, add in FFL fees and I'm very close to over $1K. So that puts me very close to what the B-14 starts at and gets me M700 footprint compatibility with stocks. I think the Zermatt RimX action starts at $1100 same 700 footprint, and interchangeable bolt heads that could allow me to build a switch barrel up to 17 WSM. Like you said Vudoo is a different rabbit hole.

I have been shooting NRL22 for a while started off with a cz455 which shoots great with SK standard plus. I recently bought a Bergara with 18" barrel. It also shoots well but still "breaking it in" only have maybe 400 rds down the tube. So a little early to tell if it shoots better then the cz. However having a r700 footprint is a game changer for stock choices, And accessories.

I agree.
I've got a 457 MTR, not the best stock but actually very nice as long as you aren't going in the bush.
That being said the trigger isn't great, very adjustable and MORE and adequate. I swapped the trigger shoe? spring and it is MORE than good enough. Reports of 1lb or less.

Unless I'm opting for a 2 stage that in Canada is pushing the price I paid for a 22mag match AND 17hmr varmint barrels the trigger is fine.

The Tikka rifles I found in stock online were about $100 more and the KRG stock was about $20 more, add in FFL fees and I'm very close to over $1K. So that puts me very close to what the B-14 starts at and gets me M700 footprint compatibility with stocks. I think the Zermatt RimX action starts at $1100 same 700 footprint, and interchangeable bolt heads that could allow me to build a switch barrel up to 17 WSM. Like you said Vudoo is a different rabbit hole.
Boy am I in the wrong country.
Im looking at
700usd for the gun, and that's out of stock on the cheap
425 for the chassis, again out of stock on cheap plus shipping.
But striker and trigger spring are 15 to the door. Yodave is cheap here, who knew.

I was quoted about 1400 with rail just before Xmas. That's why I went CZ 457 MTR, varmint 22mag/22mag match/17hmr barrels, rail, rings, striker/trigger sprige, tikka soft case, scope throw lever, sun shield, rail level for 100 more (barrels were a Xmas miracle sale, not normally available in Canada) all shipped!

But I do want to know what the fuss is about.... Badly

Boy am I in the wrong country.
Im looking at
700usd for the gun, and that's out of stock on the cheap
425 for the chassis, again out of stock on cheap plus shipping.
But striker and trigger spring are 15 to the door. Yodave is cheap here, who knew.

I was quoted about 1400 with rail just before Xmas. That's why I went CZ 457 MTR, varmint 22mag/22mag match/17hmr barrels, rail, rings, striker/trigger sprige, tikka soft case, scope throw lever, sun shield, rail level for 100 more (barrels were a Xmas miracle sale, not normally available in Canada) all shipped!

But I do want to know what the fuss is about.... Badly

The fuss about CZ"s? It's hard to put words to it. I was in the market for a good 22lr for over a year. I looked at savage, tika, anything that was on a shelf. I didn't like any of them. A friend of mine told me to visit him for a day and I could try out his collection and see if I liked any of them. Turns out he had over 20 rimfires for me to try out. He would hand me one and I would feel it, work the action, point it, try the trigger, etc... no dice. None of them felt right, and that's what I told him. He said "I knew you'd say that" and reached into his closet and pulled out a wood gun case. It was old and well worn. He opened it up and pulled out a wood stocked rifle with barely visible checkering. He handed it to me and said "try this one" It was amazing. The balance, the feel, the bolt, the trigger.....it was all perfect. It had seen a lot of use but was still an amazing piece of equipment. I asked him what it was and he told me it was a zastava/cz. I went straight home and looked them up.

They were discontinuing the 452 and bringing in the 455 at that time and I could choose which one I wanted. I spent some time looking at the differences and could only find one or two videos on the 455. The 452 was a proven shooter, but I chose the 455. It arrived a week later. The gun shop owner watched me take it out of the oily wrapper and said "that's the best piece of walnut I've ever seen". I went through the rifle and tuned it up. I did a trigger job, crowned the barrel, did a little bolt work, and installed pillars/bedding. It shoots great with it's preferred ammo and absolutely lights out with it's favorite lot of cci sv (which I used up).

People called me a liar until I showed up at the range and shot 1.5" groups at 200 yards. My best 100 yard group on paper is this one that measures .438" and was witnessed my the range officer that day. 100 yard groups are usually around 3/4"-1" with currently available ammo. It will usually hold moa or better past 200 yards.

F0B69525-E661-4653-8926-42F8F5EAE39E.jpeg

They are great rifles, but the bolt work and trigger job with bedding really make them shine. I can't complain about the wood either. I stripped mine and refinished it with danish oil. 😁

A23D573F-1864-45BD-A580-A34E55805CAD.jpeg

Oh yeah, my trigger pull is currently 10 oz.

Last edited:
Nylon 66 Tube feed through the rear stock. Every young man's hunting 22. There was nothing out there like this. BUT BUT BUT Wait Remington came out with the "NYLON 77" with a drop out magazine. TRULY THE BEST INVENTION SINCE THE WHEEL for a young or old man hunting squirrels, crows, pigeons, rats, doves. The ultimate 22LR with a fast changing magazine.
COULD NOT GET ANY BETTER!!!
Wish I still had one
I don't see rifles of this quality anymore. Sure you can get a Ruger 10/22 but it is nor a REMINGTOM>

I have a TC Center 22 Classic in Wood and it is QUALITY. So much that TC stopped making because it was not profitable to make anymore - BELEIVE THAT! ONe of the bet 22lr rifles were discontinued because TC could not make a profit.
Getting back to the Nylon 66 & 77. When I was 15 in 1971 I could buy a Nylon 66 for $66 and then the Nylon77 for ten dollars more $77.00. In 1971 that amount of money was so far out of reach. I only wish I could have got the 77. I
ended up lucky with the Savage model 29 Pump (showed it sever times on this forum) shot several thousand rat with-it and now hanging on you wall. still and always wish I could have got the Nylon77. I was looking on GB and saw some-they were beatup rusted and asking like $700 in the bidding process. This was a new state of the art Nylon stock with a semi auto 22lr.
Times have changes and Nylon 66 & 77 are still out there in either NIB Never fired or marred and rusted with the sellers wanting $7-800. Ridicules . I just wish I could get one in decent shape and I could restore it, Then put in my collection, but still shoot squirrels!!!
If anyone has one that is a little beat up rusted and needs TLC and wants to get it to a good home please contact Jill or I.
We will be sure to restore it and shoot it.

I'm looking to get a bolt .22 lr 16-18" threaded barrel for suppressor use. Would like to keep it under $1K without optics. The only rifles available locally are Ruger American, 10/22, and Savage offerings. Looking at the Christensen Ranger or Bergara BMR online. What else us out there in the $500 to sub $1K I should be looking at?
You won't find a better made, better shooting, or better performing rimfire than those made by CZ.

I agree wth Wild Rose. In the earlier post I failed to state which CZ 22 I owned. Its a discontinued 453 Varmit. With the now discontinued set trigger assembly. Main trigger is 1 pound nine ounces. Set trigger is six ounces. Has a bull barrel, and I've yet to see another 22 rimfire that will out shoot it. I've been reading about some of the new 22 rimfires and see some of their groups and I'm having some doubts that they may shoot as well as my 453. but I only paid $500.00 for it ten years ago.

Attachments

• 20190318_172712.jpg
    20190318_172712.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 76