What rimfire?

imyourhuckleberry

That doesn't sound like it wasn't tinkered with. By the time I do all that, I might as well save up and invest in a Vudoo or RimX.

I love old school rifles like that, but I wouldn't want to cut and thread one of those for my suppressor. I had Dad's old Mossberg 44 growing up, my nephew uses it now in 4H.

Yes it can, and the one I have does. It just needs standard or high velocity ammunition. You have to manually cycle the action if you run subsonic ammunition in my rifle.
Oops, my mistake, totally forgot about the suppressor part. Did I mention old school, I fit that part. Funny that photo got chopped off, looked good when I posted it at first. Meh, it is irrelevant now, since he wants a suppressor.

Revolting Peasant

That doesn't sound like it wasn't tinkered with. By the time I do all that, I might as well save up and invest in a Vudoo or RimX.

I love old school rifles like that, but I wouldn't want to cut and thread one of those for my suppressor. I had Dad's old Mossberg 44 growing up, my nephew uses it now in 4H.

Yes it can, and the one I have does. It just needs standard or high velocity ammunition. You have to manually cycle the action if you run subsonic ammunition in my rifle.
Tikka T1x ~$499
Spring kit <$20
KRG Bravo $350
No bedding or torque tuning. No foil tape and foam. +/- 1” groups at 100
Shoots well with the factory stock. Factory trigger adjusts way down. Mine shoots better suppressed. Needs additional moa scope rail to get to 300+
<$1000

I agree, start saving for the Vudoo but that is a different budget. Roughly $2000 to get the barreled action in hand. Add a trigger and stock unless you have parts already on hand. $2500 minimum ready to scope. Outside the parameters of your original post.

We have spent a lot of time and money chasing the rabbit hole. The Tikka was just the best and most accurate option I have personally put together that was within the budget constraints you put in your first post. I could have bought several Vudoos for what I spent chasing and modifying different options. But, the journey is half the fun and it’s your money.
Good luck. 10-24, 10-8

ducky

Tikka T1x ~$499
Spring kit <$20
KRG Bravo $350
No bedding or torque tuning. No foil tape and foam. +/- 1” groups at 100
Shoots well with the factory stock. Factory trigger adjusts way down. Mine shoots better suppressed. Needs additional moa scope rail to get to 300+
<$1000
The Tikka rifles I found in stock online were about $100 more and the KRG stock was about $20 more, add in FFL fees and I'm very close to over $1K. So that puts me very close to what the B-14 starts at and gets me M700 footprint compatibility with stocks. I think the Zermatt RimX action starts at $1100 same 700 footprint, and interchangeable bolt heads that could allow me to build a switch barrel up to 17 WSM. Like you said Vudoo is a different rabbit hole.

willymo

I have been shooting NRL22 for a while started off with a cz455 which shoots great with SK standard plus. I recently bought a Bergara with 18” barrel. It also shoots well but still “breaking it in” only have maybe 400 rds down the tube. So a little early to tell if it shoots better then the cz. However having a r700 footprint is a game changer for stock choices, And accessories.