What rifles you guys running for varmint hunting?

define varmint hunting, do you mean for colony critters or for predators like yotes?
colony critters can burn up a barrel fast. I found that out shooting pdogs in S Dakota. I was 20 yards off to one side of my brother who was shooting a .223 AR15.
I had my trusty 220 swift. He was knocking down 3 to my one. In target rich environment a bolt gun just cant keep up...no way.
Got home 4 days later- found out my 1/2moa rifle was 1moa @ best now
Turned it into a 6-284 lilja 30" barrel w/ 1-8" twist. Maybe I love hot rod barrel burners

colony critters can burn up a barrel fast. I found that out shooting pdogs in S Dakota. I was 20 yards off to one side of my brother who was shooting a .223 AR15.
I had my trusty 220 swift. He was knocking down 3 to my one. In target rich environment a bolt gun just cant keep up...no way.
Got home 4 days later- found out my 1/2moa rifle was 1moa @ best now
Turned it into a 6-284 lilja 30" barrel w/ 1-8" twist. Maybe I love hot rod barrel burners
Same, I say burn them up and do it again!

Don't own any rifles. Killed my 14,600+ groundhogs mostly with .223 Contender, .22-250 XP-100, 6mm AI Encore, .250 Sav. AI XP.
But, I've used tons of my handguns up to .416 Taylor Encore for the fun of it.

Don't own a rifle. Killed most of my 14,600+ groundhogs with .223 Contender, .22-250 XP-100, 6mm AI Encore, .250 Sav. AI XP.
For the fun of it I've used other handguns up to .416 Taylor Encore. Never can have too much power!!

Don't own a rifle. Killed most of my 14,600+ groundhogs with .223 Contender, .22-250 XP-100, 6mm AI Encore, .250 Sav. AI XP.
For the fun of it I've used other handguns up to .416 Taylor Encore. Never can have too much power!!
I love you tossed out a number, lol. 14600 is a whole lot of dogs, I hope you actually kept count that would be awesome.

25-06 with a 70gr blitzking moving out of a 26' preferred barrel blanks 10tw around 3640fps does pretty good on predators out to 500yds. With a 200yd zero you just hold on hair out to 400yds or put your horizontal cross hair level with the top of the animal at 500yds. Does wicked things to small hogs as well 😎

But if I build another "varmint" rifle it will be a 22-250

I can do you one better:

I don't run during any hunting. Might hit some long strides, but I won't be running.
You can't imagine how many times during my guiding career I broke down laughing watching hunters running with their guns remembering all the times mom and grandma told us not to run with scissors.

Just cracked me the hell up.

You can't imagine how many times during my guiding career I broke down laughing watching hunters running with their guns remembering all the times mom and grandma told us not to run with scissors.

Just cracked me the hell up.
My dad used to guide elk hunters up on the north fork of the Clearwater River in northern Idaho in the 1960 's. He shared half a dozen stories of some of the "dudes" he guided.
I bet you have your own eyeroller stories, as there are a lot of wealthy smart individuals who can afford several thousand dollars for an all inclusive guided hunt yet lack common sense about the outdoors or mules/ horses. Sometimes it makes you wonder how they made it to 40 years of age all by themselves.
btw, I love my redding t7 turret press. We'll see this week how accurate my reloads will be. I appreciate all your help

My dad used to guide elk hunters up on the north fork of the Clearwater River in northern Idaho in the 1960 's. He shared half a dozen stories of some of the "dudes" he guided.
I bet you have your own eyeroller stories, as there are a lot of wealthy smart individuals who can afford several thousand dollars for an all inclusive guided hunt yet lack common sense about the outdoors or mules/ horses. Sometimes it makes you wonder how they made it to 40 years of age all by themselves.
btw, I love my redding t7 turret press. We'll see this week how accurate my reloads will be. I appreciate all your help
A lot of my one time groups were no better than drunken frat boys.

There's a reason none of them were ever allowed back and most left mad when they didn't get a refund after violating my safety agreement.