What Rain Gear for Oregon elk hunting?

Ok, other than the prices and the weight, what are the differences?
The Yukon has neoprene cuffs.. and I think it's just rated a little better for how well itll stay dry.
The Yukon might have a couple more pockets as well in the pants and jacket

The yukon neoprene gussets are really more like rubber than neoprene gloves for a better visual. Never, ever had one drop or wicking issue. To compare you may think of a dry suit used for white water rafting so forth. Has the same theory at work. I have the yukon pants too but may buy some lighter ones. Very tough tho.

The Yukon is twice as heavy, which isn't (heavy) than the chugach. Both are rated the same "waterproof ness." I chose the chugach for packability and for moving. Didnt want a "warmer Yukon system." I've never been cold in the chugach though. Even over east hunting elk. I just layer different.

What "Timnterra" said, KUIU.
KUIU uses the Japanese Toray laminate which is very good, as is Toray's excellent DWR (Durable Water Repellant) in the exterior fabric.

Also KUIU uses Toray's down DWR treatment which is the industry standard and better than other down DWR treatments.

Seems KUIU did their "due diligence" and found the best protection for their garments. (BTW, I have no KUIU garments B/C I already had GTX hunting gear and Eddie Bauer down garments so I have no dog in this fight.)

Ok, other than the prices and the weight, what are the differences?
Durability through thick thickets.

Yukon holds up very well in durability department in thick thickets. Recently bought my own set.

Chugach will likely need some repairs after going through some thick thickets. I tried a set on once. Chugach felt noticeably more flexible and lighter than Yukon. The chugach set were returned and kept Yukon set.

They both are awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.