What press are you using?

338weatherby

I've got a 30 year old RCBS Special 5 which is no longer made and is smaller then the Rock Chucker. My dad bought it for me when I was 14. Love the press. Has always been fine. When I was loading for my 338-378, I had to sort of tip the bullets up into the seating die a bit then place on neck to seat. I am having a 338 Lapua improved built and will loading up Hammers and 285/300's as well as 250 AB's. I'm pretty sure my clearance issues will be even worse as I never loaded the 338-378 will anything bigger then 250 SGK's. I also have a Hornady Lock n Load AP that I've only used for 45 and 10mm. I don't plan on ever using anything but a single stage for my rifles. So, I'm thinking I need a new press and am wondering what guys prefer and recommend. I have been looking at the T7 and other turret presses. Thinking those would cut down on time.

I am not sure of the opening you will need, but a Forster CO-AX or Frankford Arsenal M Press would be just as fast as a Turret press. I have the Frankford Arsenal M Press, I like it a lot, but I will warn if using a Hornady Micrometer Seating die, those will not work, the die is to tall and will hit the yoke, the Forster Ultra Micro Seating die, it will work, but you have to adjust the die for it to fit in the press. All Redding dies will fit with no problems as would other dies. Good luck on your search.

Forstner buy American made!! I have been using a Lyman Orange Crusher for 40 years broke the priming arm Sunday. Found out that the RCBS priming arm is the same part so that is my history of issues. I've done load development for 2 different shops over those years and produced lots of sub moa rifle loads for an untold number of rifles. With all that said I bought a 550 Dillion and can produce the same level of ammo at much more efficient use of my time. With the 223 for the ar I run the powder measure set it and forget it. For the Creedmoor and 308 I set up the body die then the Lee collet die for sizing the neck and run both lock n loads on slow. With the 2 running the powder is ready before I am.
I figured if David Tubb uses this press for precision I should take a shot at it. I'd much rather shoot than load

RCBS Summit........you will like it, big opening, enough movement to line up case and die, loads concentric ammo, grease fitting on ram, lets you cam dies over, primers go out bottom without fouling ram and moving parts, and it can be mounted at edge of bench or back from edge flat. Scored very well in the reloading press shootout evaluation. and a reasonable price :)