What power binocular for Antelope

JDY

Going to Wy. in Sept. Looking at Leupold Cascades in 8 or 10 power, what power would be best? I have a Leupold spotting scope I will be taking with me also.
THANKS
JDY

They'll both work, but most of my "western guys" opt for the 10x. I like the 8x.

We are testing the 8x42 Gold Ring HDs against the Vortex Viper this week.

Scott

I have a pair of Leupold "Green Ring" 8x42 Wind River Cascades that I bought for elk hunting in Co. & deer stalking here in the UK.
They are way better than anything else I tried in the same price range ($230) for clarity & use in low light situations.
The only thing I've noticed in a negative way is some very minor distortion at the extreme edge of the FOV.

First, go with a ten power. I have little use for an eight in this country. Next, if the Cascades are the Wind Rivers, I own a pair and would not buy another. The upper end Leupolds are good stuff. On the lower end you're better of with Nikons.

First, go with a ten power. I have little use for an eight in this country. Next, if the Cascades are the Wind Rivers, I own a pair and would not buy another. The upper end Leupolds are good stuff. On the lower end you're better of with Nikons.
\

Not much to argue with here.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.