what powders have you found work best with the 70 grain nosler ballistic tip

• Thread starter Deleted member 98489
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 98489

what powders have you guys found work best with the 6mm nosler 70 grain ballistic tip ?
best group i got so far was with imr 4350 but i would think i need a faster burning powder with only a 70 grain bullet >

I loaded H380. A couple of the new powders will get more velocity if that is what you are looking for, Staball6.5 and Superformance. Right now whatever you can find is best. Stick with powders with a medium burning rate.

I use W760 and it's been great with that 70 grainer. Ideal...I don't know but it's what I had and my groups were tiny.

I've used varget and H414(760) for great results. I moved away from the 70 class and now use the 87's The 70's move around a bunch in the wind. I shot the 70 blitz and 70 smk's as they both shot the same 0 out of the 6 we have here

yep i agree with the 70 grain moving around to much in wind. i might try a heavier bullet as well

for a pure mid range hunting bullet the 85gr sierra hpbt gameking is hard to beat they are tougher than the normal cup and core bullet and kill very well at higher velocity

when you guys are testing powders do you use the scott saterlee method ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.