What powder you use for 338 Norma

Rottenron

What powder do you use in your 338 Norma's.My Norma should be done in Aug by Phoenix Custom Rifles.Would like to get some in sight on what powder's to use.lightbulb

I've worked up a load for 2 of them, one of them being mine. Retumbo is fired out of both of the guns. I tried h-1000, and Ramshot Magnum also. I didn't mess with the Ramshot too much cause I found a load pretty quick with Retumbo, but I think my second choice would be Ramshot Magnum.

I got 91 grns in mine and that gives me 2800 fps with a 300 Berger.

Thanks for the reply's.Don't have alot of funds to go out and buy alot of differnt powders right now.So thanks for the help.:)

I will echo the suggestion for retumbo. I recently got my 338 Norma back from Jon Beanland. It seems to like 88 grains of Retumbo and is pushing 300 grain bergers at 2700 fps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 116
Mine will be done this fall. I have 5 lbs of Norma 217. Anyone using this? Thank you.

Norma's web site information suggests going one powder faster, but barrel length, etc. are factors as well.

At least at the moment, MRP is available.

im having a .338 Lapua being built by Phoenix Custom rifles as well. Allthough they are slightly different from all I have read H-1000 and Retumbo are the way to go. (Good thing I have 8-lbs of Retumbo on hand and access to more if needed because they use alot of fuel) :)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.