What other article topics do we need to have written?

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Let's brainstorm about ideas here. No author obligation on the part of the person who throws out the topic idea.

Jimm

Free range exotic hunting

Sort of like a introduction to what is available and where . Along with a story or two that would be about actual hunts and what was learned about the habits and habitat .

Pix as well of course .

Jim B

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I just realized how that Post Reply Title Header thing works. Didn't see yours at first.

Story sounds interesting to me.

Jimm

Reply title

May not be a good idea to use the reply title the way I did as it doesnt show up on the emails . Probably best to include in body of post as well .Did not know that till now .

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Factory receiver accurizing benefits and comparisions..

Len,

I would be willing to write up another article about the proceedures, benefits and comparisions of accurizing and blueprinting factory receivers if you think it would be of interest. Seemed to get alot of attention on the old board.

Kirby Allen(50)

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Modern wildcatting to improve extreme range performance..

Also would be willing to write an article about modern wildcatting for the purpose of pushing the envelope of extreme range performance for big game hunting. Have a couple examples I could talk about.

Kirby Allen(50)

Buffalobob

I would like to see either Richard Graves or Doc Ed or Berger write up an article on the steps of bullet making and the thought process that goes into it.

For those who don't know, Doc Ed - Eddie Harren makes his own bullets for competition shooting and wins with them. His writing style is pretty abrupt, in person, he is really talkative.

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
BB,

If we could talk Richard into writing an article that would be very interesting reading to many I believe. The only problem is in getting him talked into doing it!!!:D

I am pretty good friends with him so I could work on him a bit. Len could ask him as well and have a good shot at getting him to post something. I do not know Eddie personally but that would be interesting as well.

Kirby Allen(50)

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Kirby, both topics sound good to me.

As to bullets, either author would do a good job. Which one is willing to do it. We probably need to ask only one initially. If that person doesn't commit then go to plan B.

I have no opinion as to which one to approach first. Can Kirby and Jim decide that invitation strategy, please?

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Len,

I am in the middle of a big batch of receiver accurizing right now including Savage, Winchester, Browning and of course Rem 700 receivers so I will get some good pics and get something written up about receiver accurizing.

I also dropped a line to Richard to see if he would be willing to write an article about bullet making. We will see what he has to say and I will report to the group.

Kirby Allen(50)

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Just talked to Richard, he simply does not have time to do an article. They have been getting heavy rains up there and really backed them up getting finished with field work for the spring. On top of that, he is running full tilt when he can getting bullet orders out for crazy gunsmiths in Montana:D!!!

He said he just did not have the time to put into it.

Kirby Allen(50)

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.