What of calibers to add to the line up

338 Lapua/338 Lapua improves

338 Norma Mag improved

You have everything else covered, shooting 300s out these is a lot of fun, a bit expensive but fun, they can also be very accurate.

Some other personal favorites you don't have already are 6BR or any of the variants of the 6BR. 25x47 Lapua is another favorite of mine shooting 110 BIBs, 6.5Saum Or the Sherman short mags. That's a few I'll throw out.

338 Lapua/338 Lapua improves

338 Norma Mag improved

You have everything else covered, shooting 300s out these is a lot of fun, a bit expensive but fun, they can also be very accurate.

Some other personal favorites you don't have already are 6BR or any of the variants of the 6BR. 25x47 Lapua is another favorite of mine shooting 110 BIBs, 6.5Saum Or the Sherman short mags. That's a few I'll throw out.

if I can figure out another reason to have a Lapua bolt face action then I'll definitely do a 338 Lapua ai! I'd love too run the 300 bergers!

I think I'll pretty much add a 6bra to the list! It's one that really peaks my interest. Do that off the bat or impact I guess! The 6.5 or 7 saum would be cool on the surgeon I guess.

how do you like the 25x47 Lapua? I got the 25 creed last year and it quickly became my favourite rifle. That's the reason I'd like possibly add another 257 cal to the line up. Was thinking of more a hunting style build for the second one. Took 2 deer last season with the 131's in the 25 creed and they worked flawlessly

if I can figure out another reason to have a Lapua bolt face action then I'll definitely do a 338 Lapua ai! I'd love too run the 300 bergers!

I think I'll pretty much add a 6bra to the list! It's one that really peaks my interest. Do that off the bat or impact I guess! The 6.5 or 7 saum would be cool on the surgeon I guess.

how do you like the 25x47 Lapua? I got the 25 creed last year and it quickly became my favourite rifle. That's the reason I'd like possibly add another 257 cal to the line up. Was thinking of more a hunting style build for the second one. Took 2 deer last season with the 131's in the 25 creed and they worked flawlessly
Sounds like you have a solid plan. I like the 25x47 Lapua a lot, I went that direction because I have a ton of Lapua 6.5x47 and a bunch off bushing dies. I have four rifles using that brass, 2 6,5x47s, a 25x47 and a 6x47. The 25x47 is set up as a hunting rifle, Alex Wheeler did the work. It's just a standard Remington 700, rock creek #3 and a McMillan but it's fast become a favorite amongst my family. The BIB 110s are lethal and accurate. That being said I'm thinking about building a 25 creed just for the Berger heavies they announced and the 131 blackjacks of course. Sounds like your enjoying yours!

Sounds like you have a solid plan. I like the 25x47 Lapua a lot, I went that direction because I have a ton of Lapua 6.5x47 and a bunch off bushing dies. I have four rifles using that brass, 2 6,5x47s, a 25x47 and a 6x47. The 25x47 is set up as a hunting rifle, Alex Wheeler did the work. It's just a standard Remington 700, rock creek #3 and a McMillan but it's fast become a favorite amongst my family. The BIB 110s are lethal and accurate. That being said I'm thinking about building a 25 creed just for the Berger heavies they announced and the 131 blackjacks of course. Sounds like your enjoying yours!

well the velocity difference would be pretty minimal. I mean build away but why not run the 131/133 in the 25x47? I've debating on doing a 47 build for years. Once my 260 barrel burns out I'll throw a 6x47 or 6.5x47 on it for sure! I wanted it off the get go but my smith talked me out of it

well the velocity difference would be pretty minimal. I mean build away but why not run the 131/133 in the 25x47? I've debating on doing a 47 build for years. Once my 260 barrel burns out I'll throw a 6x47 or 6.5x47 on it for sure! I wanted it off the get go but my smith talked me out of it
I'm just looking for an excuse to build something, I forget the twist I ordered on that barrel but it might be 1/9, at the time 110 was as heavy as I was going.

For hunting and fun, a smokeless blackpowder in 45 running sabots...Guys are building these things with crazy stupid accuracy...Tags are getting harder to get and muzzleloader is just another way to get out there more!

I'm just looking for an excuse to build something, I forget the twist I ordered on that barrel but it might be 1/9, at the time 110 was as heavy as I was going.

fair enough. Always looking for an excuse to build another!

For hunting and fun, a smokeless blackpowder in 45 running sabots...Guys are building these things with crazy stupid accuracy...Tags are getting harder to get and muzzleloader is just another way to get out there more!

It's funny you say that, it's extremely out of my realm but trying to get a barrel spun up for my tl3

I'll just promote my own choices, 284 Win, 6 BRA (and 6.5 Grendel).

Attachments

• PXL_20210126_042900812.jpg
    PXL_20210126_042900812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
7 something .... 7saum, 280ai, 7remMag, or...
284 win..

You also don't have a little 30 cal (308/30-06) or a big 6.5 (6.5x284, 6.5prc, 6.5-06 etc.).

7 something .... 7saum, 280ai, 7remMag, or...
284 win..

You also don't have a little 30 cal (308/30-06) or a big 6.5 (6.5x284, 6.5prc, 6.5-06 etc.).

my shooting partner wants to add a 308 for a trainer to our line of calibers. I'm using my tl3 223 as my trainer currently so wasn't sure if I should just add another barrel or an entire gun.

the 6.5 saum peaks my interest, has for a few years and wanted to add that. Was so set on it I almost ordered my giraud collet for my cutter when I was placing my order but after I started shooting the 25 creed I thought a 257 saum or blackjack would be wicked too and held off on the order lol

Do something on a medium action. I know you already have a defiance but I believe there are others that make xm length actions. Any of the x55 or x57 cartridges or improved versions, anything 284 based, or any of the Saum/wsm/SS/SST. Would just be something different than all the short actions you already have.

Do something on a medium action. I know you already have a defiance but I believe there are others that make xm length actions. Any of the x55 or x57 cartridges or improved versions, anything 284 based, or any of the Saum/wsm/SS/SST. Would just be something different than all the short actions you already have.

i ruled out the medium action just due to the lesser amount of options. Was going do the lone peak medium next, but decided I'll do long action WSM build next for added parts and future caliber changes possibly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.