What next.....?

bdlesh

So I have had the itch for a new rifle.....imagine that. I currently have a 5.56 ar ,243 ,25/06, 264 mag, 7 rm, 300 wm and a 45/70. I am thinking thr while I need to fill is either 338 or 375. I really want a 338 sm and would really like a 375 sm, if there was one. Other than having one, I have no real needs for one .....but what's need got to do with it!

What would you build?

deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

If money was no object, 338 AM would be the next rifle I would build. Unfortunately, that will never happen for me.

got to agree with AXL get all your loading components together then you will know what to build if you are wanting to shoot it in the near future

In similar mindset, I built a 458 Lott Winchester 70! I mean if I was going to go big, I went as big as I could and still afford to feed it.

A 458 Lott is quite practical for BIG game. It will take anything on earth with 500gr bullets. That said, 350gr bullets would be great for elk and bigger....practically, it is legal to hunt whitetail deer in Ohio with it!

Moose, Brown Bear.....no problem.....Africa, yep, it is ready.

Simple build: ream 458 Win Mag to 458 Lott, check feeding, Adjust LOP and fit Kickeeze pad, shorten barrel to 22", adjust trigger to 3lb, and replace sights with NECG Safari sights.

Fun to shoot. Fun to watch others shoot!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.