What muzzle break?

42769vette

Are you guys running a 7mm muzzle break, or 30 cal? If your running the 30 cal, what do you think the effect is on felt recoil? Im actually doing a 28 nosler, but this section seemed the most appropriate.

Im having trouble finding my go to break's in 7mm which poses the question.

I can't recommend the NWP brake enough. After more than 2 decades of trying more than a dozen different types this is what I have on most of my rifles today and eventually will have on all of them. I'm running them on everything from 7mm STW through .375 Ruger and couldn't be happier.

Good recoil and muzzle flip reduction and they aren't at all hard on the shooter.

The price is certainly right as well. I have the slotted version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300-Win-Mag...579440?hash=item33cfea6e30:g:90wAAOSw2RdZigdv

Good people to deal with as well.

I've always ordered 30 cal break for 30 cal rifle, etc. My main concern is losing performance for ordering 30 cal break for 28 cal rifle.

I've always ordered 30 cal break for 30 cal rifle, etc. My main concern is losing performance for ordering 30 cal break for 28 cal rifle.
Any properly made brake is going to be a little overbore. If it's not you're likely to have some serious issues.

You tell them the caliber you're shooting and they will bore it accordingly and since they all need fitting other than the clamp on style brakes or other "self timing brakes" it's best to have your smith check it when installing to make dead sure that it is.

Understood.

Most breaks have a .02-.05 overbore. I was curious as to the effects of .26-.29 overbore

Understood.

Most breaks have a .02-.05 overbore. I was curious as to the effects of .26-.29 overbore
The brake will likely not be as effective. IMHO a competent gunsmith should always mount and bore the brake. .020" is about where you want to be.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.