What muzzle break on Remington 700?

Je custom assassin muzzle brake, he's on this forum. Looks like one of the most effective brakes out there.

That or the terminator from what I could gather from reading about brakes.

Not a fan of radial but there are plenty of excellent muzzle brakes out in the market today from ~$50 and up, with varying effectiveness claims from manufacturers and end-users experiences alike. Most of mine have either 3 or 4 side discharge ports and 0-3 holes on top - Holland's QD (and other custom variants), Jim See's CSR muzzle blast tamer, JP Enterprise Beenie Cooley, and Benchmark tactical. I am very pleased with all of mine.

Last edited:
For those that have brakes... the vias brakes with holes all the way around vs the side slotted style.....is there a substantial difference in volume and tone(pitch) when rifle is shot.....

I won't ever put a radial brake on a rifle again. It absolutely sucks when shooting from a seated or prone position. Blows dirts/rocks all.over you and your rifle and expensive optics.

For light tapered sporter barrels, I like the APA Micro Bastard or Piercision Mini Muscle brakes. They can be turned down to contour with your barrel in the heavier sporter contours. Or have a slight taper down on even the light sporter barrels. Very good at recoil reduction, and side ported only, so much less ground disturbance when shooting prone. They are loud though. I run them on my 6.5SS and 7RM.

The area 419 sidewinder is another to look at, has a cool self timing mechanism.
IMO. With a 300rum sporter Wright awr, you want max effectiveness

For those that have brakes... the vias brakes with holes all the way around vs the side slotted style.....is there a substantial difference in volume and tone(pitch) when rifle is shot.....
i have a vias brake on my 26 nosler. and its noticeably quieter than my 7mm mag with a hawkins side port brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.