What mount to buy for an Axis

witdog2020

I been away a long time trying to play catch up with a lot of the new technology. I have a Savage Axis 6.5 CM. The prices are all over the board from $9-$90. What would you use and why?

With what I currently see, I'm leaning to a 2pc mount so it don't cover the Bolt.
Also the mounts are pretty low profile. Do you prefer the lower mounts on the scope? Just seems low to me.

I would get an EGW rail, or DNZ direct mount rings.
Most people like to mount the scope as low as possible for shooting prone, but it really all depends on how you shoot and how you're built.

Keep in mind that all caliber Axis rifles are "long" action and a two piece bases will limit real estate on mounting scopes. Weaver makes a one piece base that is multiple slotted for more forward and aft options ring placement.
Just bought my first DNZ Game reaper mount and really like it( however was for Remington.

An inexpensive rail I have used is the Weaver #48347/506. Under $20.00 and 16 slots.
weaver 1.jpegweaver2.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts