What mount for an AR do you prefer? One piece or rings??

If i was not after light weight for what im doing in 3 gun, ida went with the American Defence recon. But i went with the newer Scalarworks one piece being only 5 something oz.

Last edited:
The ADM ADS20 20moa is by far my favorite, especially when they were $150. One piece, solid, made in USA, quick detach, and low enough to give the a comfortable cheek weld.

20moa is a must have for Ar15/10 shooting medium-long range.

I can't stand those goofy cantilevered mounts - these absolutely no reason and they look terrible.

One piece for me also. I cant remember the model # but the SWFA with 6 screw rings. Very stout and priced well. I've had very good luck with these.

I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!
Definitely one piece. I have 12 AR'S, and they all have one piece mounts.

Totally agree that the one-piece, cantilever style like the LaRue 104 I'd the way to go for me.

I've found that I never remove them in the field, so I save a few bucks and buy the ones with a nut vs the QD levers.

Enough folks have mentioned the LaRue that I had a look at it. Yep, I'd never buy one of those. Warne cured me of vertically split rings, I never, ever want to own any of them ever again. What a PITA to assemble and align. Only thing worse would be if they were Buehler rings with the peel-off shims.

Recent Posts