What motivated me to form LongRangeHunting.com

Bud, I just got home and I'm feeling under the weather so I'll post tomorrow sometime.

Bud, I don't remember which rifle that would have been but the rangefinder was Lasertech's 1,500 yard model. Since then I have bought a Leica Locator-Plus which is a 4,000 yard model which includes 7 power binoculars. Now, no one needs 4,000 yards but this one is about as good as you can get at distinguishing deer-sized targets among brushy distractions out at the 1,000 plus figure. It also will automatically figure parallel distances to negate incline errors. That is really a nice feature.

Great site! I too have watched far too many monster bucks beyond my confidence range and rifle range at the time. I have dedicated the last year to building a custom .264 Win Mag to remedy this situation, and will put it on some paper next weekend. I have several deer rifles, but the .264 has dropped more deer in their tracks than anything else I've shot. I also have a Weatherby chambered in a .300 Rem Mag that I'll be toying with next. Will post some pics of my work when I'm happy with the finished product.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.