What might cause this?

Jinx-)

Any ideas what might cause this dent using RCBS full size die?

problecause.jpg

Thanks

Any lube can do it if you get just a little too much on there.:) Have you checked your die already and made sure it was clean inside too?

Yes, it's clean, I think probable cause of this was lube on the shoulders; I think RCBS doesn't recommend lubing the shoulders
Thank you

TRY ONE SHOT CASE LUBE AND KEEP IT OFF THE SHOULDER AND CHECK THE VENT HOLE IN THE SIZING DIE AND MAKE SURE IT IS NOT PLUGED WITH LUBE.gun)

Not to hijack but I always use the old sticky rcbs lube , What is the one shot stuff that your talking about and how does it work?

Not to hijack but I always use the old sticky rcbs lube , What is the one shot stuff that your talking about and how does it work?

I dont think it's a hijack because using it will prevent case denting from lube build up.

It's a spray lube that dries. I just line the case up in the loading block and give them a quick shot on two sides (you cant accidently over do it, at least I never did) and your good to go. A quick shot up into the die before you start doesn't hurt either.

Advantages...

No more mess

No more lube on your fingers and hands

No more dirt, dog hair and tumbling media on your lube pad because you dont need a lube pad

No more second tumbling in corn media to get the lube off the cases

Takes about 1/10th the time.

Disadvantages....

None

It's just too easy :)

Hornady One Shot Case Lube 5.5 oz Aerosol - MidwayUSA

Last edited:
Just my personal experience, but with One Shot I get a dented shoulder about every 8 cases through the die unless I pull the die before then and clean it. If I use less One Shot than that used, I'll start to have cases stick. So, I went back to Imperial. With Imperial, the cases size easier and I can run 40 cases+ through the die without denting any shoulders. Due to the fact that I have to clean the die every few cases, One Shot does not save me any time. Just my experience. Take it or leave it.

Just my personal experience, but with One Shot I get a dented shoulder about every 8 cases through the die unless I pull the die before then and clean it. If I use less One Shot than that used, I'll start to have cases stick. So, I went back to Imperial. With Imperial, the cases size easier and I can run 40 cases+ through the die without denting any shoulders. Due to the fact that I have to clean the die every few cases, One Shot does not save me any time. Just my experience. Take it or leave it.

Interesting... ? I've been using One Shot for about 2 yrs now and I've probably done about 700-800 case sizings in 300 WSM, 25-06 and 300 RUM combined. Not one dented case. Neck Sized the 300 WSM brass, FL sized the 25-06 brass and Bushing neck sized/body sized the 300 RUM brass.

Maybe we should start a One Shot thread and get some feedback?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts