What length of bipod is prefered

I've seen quite a few 7-11's been known to get my coffee there:) only kidding. Seriously I prefer 6-9.

Last edited:
Depends on what you will be doing with it. Off a bench the 6-9 will be a good choice. If you are hunting and may encounter grass or weeds the 9-13 is what I use all the time. Also if you have a sporter stock, (like a senero) I have found the a 9 to 13 raised up 3" off the lowest setting will get the stock in the right place on your shoulder and can help prevent scope rash with rifle that has significant recoil.

Jeff

I like the 9-13 for big game and something that goes 30" for coyotes. I always shoot coyotes sitting and big game, LR I shoot prone but I can't get down low enough with the 6-9 to get lined up because I end up looking over my glasses not through them.

Seriouly, it depends on how big of a belly you have. :D

This is true story!

I first bought the 9-13 and it was ok but a little too tall... and I have a real expensive belly. So I bought the 6-9 and it might be a tad short in spite of my efforts to hold it in "my belly I mean". I never thought of it but I think I need a 7-11. :D

I'm in pretty good shape and don't have much of a belly. I usually use my 6-9 in the 9 position. But sometimes I wish for a little more. I think I'll go with the 9-13 swivel this go around and maybe pickup a 6-9 swivel later if I still feel the need for it. Thanks guys

I have owned a Harris 6-9 as well as a 9-13 for many years. Always seemed to have the wrong one on when I needed it. For the last 2 years I have been using the Stoney Point swivel bipod (short prone model). The legs are flexible and can be spread apart to get lower or brought together to raise your rifle. Are they as sturdy as a Harris - NO - but they sure work just fine - particularly if you use a rear bag. And they pull off and go back on in less than a second on your rifle. Not only that I can finally use a bipod when I'm a horse back and need to scabbard the rifle without untightening a bolt that attaches to your swivel. Nothing beats a Harris if it fits your needs.

I have owned a Harris 6-9 as well as a 9-13 for many years. Always seemed to have the wrong one on when I needed it. For the last 2 years I have been using the Stoney Point swivel bipod (short prone model). The legs are flexible and can be spread apart to get lower or brought together to raise your rifle. Are they as sturdy as a Harris - NO - but they sure work just fine - particularly if you use a rear bag. And they pull off and go back on in less than a second on your rifle. Not only that I can finally use a bipod when I'm a horse back and need to scabbard the rifle without untightening a bolt that attaches to your swivel. Nothing beats a Harris if it fits your needs.

I'm kinda rockn the same situation. I ended up moving my 9-13 to the back stud and have the front stud set-up to snap on a Stoney point folding sticks for sitting and the 9-13 folds forward beside the others mount. Works great for coyote calling where I some times go prone for some stands or a longer shot but I mostly shoot sitting.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.