• >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
Knot reely.
My hardest recoiling rifle is currently a 9lb 7 RM shooting 160g. Don't mind practicing with it at the range up to about 40 rds. With the brake installed it's actually pretty enjoyable. Have fired 5 rounds from a 338 WM shooting 250 g partitions, didn't really care for it. Think 20-25 ft-lbs is about my limit to shoot accurately, practice enough to be proficient, and not develop a flinch.

Getting a 300 PRC, but don't plan to shoot it without the brake, at least at the range. I also find muzzle brakes annoying and wish silencers weren't prohibited in Canada. Hunted for pronghorn with a suppressed 6.5 CM in New Mexico last year - it was fantastic. Hardly any recoil, no muzzle blast.

Winchester 1885 modern production. I tried finding upper velocity limit on coated 405gr lead using Lee and Barnes' load data for Ruger #1. I found my limit before finding pressure. That thing was kinda brutal with no recoil pad and that 1/2 moon butt stock….
Had a similar experience with an H&R single shot in 45/70. It was the buffalo model with special sights and a steel butt plate. Too light a rifle and the but pate bruised the shoulder.

Creedmoor owners drive Toyota Tundras.

Come At Me Will Ferrell GIF
Hey now! Be nice. My 07 tundra has never even seen a creedmore. I've owned it since it was new and it's been pretty amusing watching everyone else's vehicle experiences along the way. Outside of wear items and oil changes I've had to replace one sensor to the tune of $200. Also the most American made pickup out there. Haters gonna hate though.🤣

The picture says it all!! 6.5 Creedmoor! After 10 shots it pulls me 30 yards closer to the target! 😉

Attachments

• image1 (16).jpeg
    image1 (16).jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hey now! Be nice. My 07 tundra has never even seen a creedmore. I've owned it since it was new and it's been pretty amusing watching everyone else's vehicle experiences along the way. Outside of wear items and oil changes I've had to replace one sensor to the tune of $200. Also the most American made pickup out there. Haters gonna hate though.🤣
Most American made pick up....🙄 Japanese parts and truck assembled in U.S. you better fact check that my friend. Especially against Ford.

Most American made pick up....🙄 Japanese parts and truck assembled in U.S. you better fact check that my friend. Especially against Ford.
Back when I bought mine for the first few years 100% of tundras were built in the USA. Their domestic parts content was 75% or more. I think that means US and Canada. Beyond that it probably comes down to who wrote the stats and how they calculated but the big three were heavy into Mexico at the time. Today the numbers might look different.
Might not. All I know is whoever approved building the new style Tundra without front tow hooks was an idiot. Of all the current half tons I've been in the F150 has been my favorite. I don't ride for the brand but Toyota, at least used to, build great trucks. I've had three. I used to be a mechanic at a Ford / Dodge dealership in the 2000's so I can make fair comparisons. Funny how trucks are like calibers. 🤔😂 Run what you want and you get what you get!

Back when I bought mine for the first few years 100% of tundras were built in the USA. Their domestic parts content was 75% or more. I think that means US and Canada. Beyond that it probably comes down to who wrote the stats and how they calculated but the big three were heavy into Mexico at the time. Today the numbers might look different.
Might not. All I know is whoever approved building the new style Tundra without front tow hooks was an idiot. Of all the current half tons I've been in the F150 has been my favorite. I don't ride for the brand but Toyota, at least used to, build great trucks. I've had three. I used to be a mechanic at a Ford / Dodge dealership in the 2000's so I can make fair comparisons. Funny how trucks are like calibers. 🤔😂 Run what you want and you get what you get!
👍🏼 Check out the most American truck. Most built in America. Most American parts. Ford. My last two Ford Trucks we built in Kansas City , Missouri. It's a personal thing with me. I've never owned a Japanese vehicle or motorcycle or any foreign car and never will. I try to buy American. Toyota is owned by the Japanese . I don't care where they are assembled. Just me . 😉

Last edited:
👍🏼 Check out the most American truck. Most built in America. Most American parts. Ford. My last two Ford Trucks we built in Kansas City , Missouri. It's a personal thing with me. I've never owned a Japanese vehicle or motorcycle or any foreign car and never will. I try to buy American. Toyota is owned by the Japanese . I don't care where they are assembled. Just me . 😉
The way that I look at it is that the PROFIT goes to Japan.

Critters are getting hammered. Bad around you L2land 🙄

I have owned VW's, BMW and Mercedes. But they were built in the country that I lived in at that time. I prefer American. If I buy a Ram w/ Cummins I know that it is built in Saltilla Mexico. I could live with that.

I have owned VW's, BMW and Mercedes. But they were built in the country that I lived in at that time. I prefer American. If I buy a Ram w/ Cummins I know that it is built in Saltilla Mexico. I could live with that.
I raced Maico 500cc (west German) and Husqvarna (Sweden) motorcycles in Motocross. Real chrome moly frames you couldn't bend. Forged pistons not cast garbage and butter frames. They were bullet proof. They cost more but I wasn't repairing all the time. I was ready to buy a KTM (Austrian) but hung it up and bought a Polaris Razor instead. Never owned a Jap bike.

Oh yeah, recoil... 🤔

Last edited:
Y'all seem to forget some of the crap America was putting out in the mid '70's. Labor unions going on strike raising wages which in turn raised th price of the vehicles but the some workers weren't putting pride into their work and manufacturers just running on old technology.
It took the foreign car companies to bring new technologies and pride in their products to get the American companies off their asses to build better. Competition.
I bet we would still have cork and rubber valve cover gaskets if weren't for the Japanese bringing silicon gaskets.