Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
Well thids past Jan I sent my Weatherby Ultralight,(270 Win) back to Weatherby to have a muzzle break fitted. The recoil was becoming unpleasant, and a newly torn up right shoulder did not help either. So I'm hoping the new break will soften the punch. What I would like to ask you all, is there a danger in shooting a heavy recoiling rifle off your right shoulder, if you have a pacemaker on the right side??? Any thoughts boys???

Well thids past Jan I sent my Weatherby Ultralight,(270 Win) back to Weatherby to have a muzzle break fitted. The recoil was becoming unpleasant, and a newly torn up right shoulder did not help either. So I'm hoping the new break will soften the punch. What I would like to ask you all, is there a danger in shooting a heavy recoiling rifle off your right shoulder, if you have a pacemaker on the right side??? Any thoughts boys???

I got nutt'n! ☹️ Hopefully, it can be safely done! Fingers 🤞 for ya! memtb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Yes....they put the Pacemaker....on the wrong side! Your heart...is on the left!!!!

Well, I'm not a doctor so I don't know.
I would imagine though, that if the heart stopped, a good recoil punch might get it going again? 😊 😊

My Dad's old WWII .303 Lee Enfield also caused some felt recoil even though it was a heavy rifle with full stock and steel buttplate. I was about 12yrs old and 90lbs soaking wet then. A bit much for me then...
This was my introduction into shooting centerfire rifles as well. We had Imperial factory rounds with 180gr bullets. I have no idea what the muzzle velocity was, but that brass butt plate would leave a tattoo on my shoulder. That rifle killed a few moose in its day.

The only scope bite I have ever got came from my muzzle loader. In the days when I used 777 pellets I was using the gun with a 2 pellet load. I could not get it to be consistent so my brother suggested I go with 3 pellets. That gun came back quite a bit harder than the two pellet load. I could tell by the numb feeling above my eye that I was going to need a band-aid. I was a little embarrassed.

On the topic of diesel motors, if it isn't a CAT then it doesn't matter, it sucks. 😄

The only scope bite I have ever got came from my muzzle loader. In the days when I used 777 pellets I was using the gun with a 2 pellet load. I could not get it to be consistent so my brother suggested I go with 3 pellets. That gun came back quite a bit harder than the two pellet load. I could tell by the numb feeling above my eye that I was going to need a band-aid. I was a little embarrassed.

I'm lucky because I'll never get scope-eyed from my muzzleloader only because here in Idaho and the Pacific Northwest, scopes are not legal during muzzleloader season. (Neither are pellets or 209 primers). Nevertheless, a but a bit too much Triple 777 powder and mine will kick my butt!