• >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
Creedmoor owners drive Toyota Tundras.

Come At Me Will Ferrell GIF
😆👍🏼

Never been hit by a scope above the eye, but had the bridge of my nose smashed pretty hard by a buddies lightweight 300WM. No blood because it it actually hit my safety glasses and not skin, bit of a wake up as my own 300 and 338 were far heavier than his rifle.
Had my hand torn up by a guys rifle that the trigger adjustment screw (old Win Model 70) had come loose, it was a 300WSM. Tested the pull weight prior to repairing it, it read 10 ounces which totally shocked me. Didn't think those rifles would cock on such a low pull weight, but it did.

Cheers.

Here ya go! Enjoy! 😉 memtb

Thanks Todd!

They are strong, but a little noisy, Ceramic disc is good too.
My twin disc has a lot of miles under it and is VERY noisy.
Will a ceramic disc hold like a twin disc?
I dont know what the horsepower or torque numbers are, but that truck pulls like nothing I've ever driven.
Compound turbos, big injectors and exhaust, ARP studs and big exhaust.
And, of course, a pretty healthy tune...

My worst is a very light no brake 28 right at 50 ft lbs of recoil according to the calculators, and it's nasty, fast and violent. I've shot heavier recoil by the number in bigger bores and heavier bullets, they weren't as fast and violent so they seemed more tolerable. Just ran my RUM on the calculator and it's right at 50 also, but it isn't nearly as violent as the 28. It is not pleasant at all but it isn't intolerable.
Having had the same rifles in 28 and 300 prc with the 300 having a titanium action, slightly lighter. The 300 shooting 225gr and the 28 a 180 - I would agree with your assessment.

My twin disc has a lot of miles under it and is VERY noisy.
Will a ceramic disc hold like a twin disc?
I dont know what the horsepower or torque numbers are, but that truck pulls like nothing I've ever driven.
Compound turbos, big injectors and exhaust, ARP studs and big exhaust.
And, of course, a pretty healthy tune...
Ceramic is strong, but not as strong as a twin disc. You can't beat twice the surface area if you don't mind the noise.

I went to axil gs extreme hearing protection when handgun hunting in the timber…..they offer enhanced hearing and decent sound deadening! But, having wires, ect. hanging around my neck and shoulders is a bit aggravating! "Aggravating"……but comforting at the same time! 😉 memtb
Tell me more about these plugs. I'm deaf enough to need hearing aids, and I'm wondering if these would works as well as the electronic ear muffs I use at the range.

I've hunted twice with guys with a brake, and I won't ever again. I stood several feet directly behind one, and my ears rang for hours. I watched the other guy shoot at an oryx with a 300 RUM, and the blast made him flinch on the next 9 shots.

Ford has had a long time use of ZF transmissions. They liked the gear train in the ZF6 speed automatic and made a licensing agreement with them and in the process got with gm to help reduce the cost. The 6l80 and 6r80 have the basic same gear train but Chevy with their different converter, pump and valve body layout has a lot more problems than the Ford. Have only worked on one Ford but lots of 6l80's.

Ford has had a long time use of ZF transmissions. They liked the gear train in the ZF6 speed automatic and made a licensing agreement with them and in the process got with gm to help reduce the cost. The 6l80 and 6r80 have the basic same gear train but Chevy with their different converter, pump and valve body layout has a lot more problems than the Ford. Have only worked on one Ford but lots of 6l80's.
COME ON GUYS!!!!! The topic is recoil...not Ford vs Chevy....at the very least....tell us how many FT/LBS of torque you use....or how much you RECOIL a sloppy spring!