Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
Traitor maybe😂! Thank god I am drinking whine. Or was it wine? Geez, step away for sec and all hello breaks loose!😂

I also like these muffs that are BT and have good NRR.

Is it ok if I go release my wine rental?
👍🏼 My Walker muffs aren't Bluetooth but don't need. Just ordered gel replacement ear pieces. Release it !

So all I read is how much recoil affects a lot of shooters so wondering what is your threshold? Is the recoil from poor shooter form? Lightweight rifles? Heavy bullet? Big bore cartridges? Or even smaller stature of shooter? Don't like needles?

I am hoping to beat the hate the cartridge thread number of pages...,,,
I put a thick dish towel under my shirt when I'm shooting steel/paper. I've had 3 right shoulder surgeries, 1 left shoulder surgery and it's been replaced now. I can still take the recoil, I have bad COPD and am panting too bad to group. I'm 5'5" and usually can take more recoil than most. Trick is, don't fight it, roll with it if you must. Good advice from a guy with screwed up shoulders.

Last edited:
My worst is a very light no brake 28 right at 50 ft lbs of recoil according to the calculators, and it's nasty, fast and violent. I've shot heavier recoil by the number in bigger bores and heavier bullets, they weren't as fast and violent so they seemed more tolerable. Just ran my RUM on the calculator and it's right at 50 also, but it isn't nearly as violent as the 28. It is not pleasant at all but it isn't intolerable.

My worst is a very light no brake 28 right at 50 ft lbs of recoil according to the calculators, and it's nasty, fast and violent. I've shot heavier recoil by the number in bigger bores and heavier bullets, they weren't as fast and violent so they seemed more tolerable. Just ran my RUM on the calculator and it's right at 50 also, but it isn't nearly as violent as the 28. It is not pleasant at all but it isn't intolerable.
Yes, that's was I was getting to...fast and violent.