Votes: 27 8.9%
  • >20 <25 ft lbs - medium rare

Votes: 73 24.2%
  • >25 <30 ft lbs - flexing in mirror

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • >30 ft lbs - rare and slightly moving OK

Votes: 140 46.4%

• Total voters
32 rounds to sight in? Or the typical 2 or 3 and then you shot 29 or 30 more for practice?

What's an EVO shirt?
I had two rifles to sight in. One was the 1886 clone and the other was an HRA Springfield Trapdoor clone of what Custer's men had. I had to get them on paper at 50 yards, then 100 yards, and finally dialed in at 150 yards.

EVO is a company that makes armor for athletes. They also make a shirt that is for shooters:

I'd love to have a 5", lose the brake for a slightly shorter overall! In a cross chest carry, that would be good for hiking, shed hunting, ect.! memtb
I would also. I'd carry it instead of Glock 20. Still be heavier. Maybe even a 4 in. Magnaported. No added weight. Help with recoil a little... I'd like to have 4 in. Cut of my Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Cassul. It's lighter than the 460 S&W.

I don't mind big thumpers. I have a couple 500 s&w revolvers and several large caliber rifles. The worst kicking guns I own are my turkey gun shooting 3.5" tungsten and my cva paramount shooting 120gr by weight of blackhorn 209. Both make me feel like i have a concussion after a few rounds at the shooting bench. But neither bothers when hunting and kill very well

I'd love to have a 5", lose the brake for a slightly shorter overall! In a cross chest carry, that would be good for hiking, shed hunting, ect.! memtb
I even thought of carrying my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. Light. I shoot it well but it's. 7.5 in. barrel. Wasn't keen on single action for griz either.
Oh yeah. Recoil ! Forgot topic again. Hey, 460 recoils more than 44 mag or .454. I can tolerate it. There. How's that ?
Where the heck is Muddy anyway ? Replies to my text but to busy for us 🤔

One day on a dove hunt the nephew wanted to shoot some other shotguns we had. We weren't seeing doves but lots of flying rats (pigeons). So I offered my 21" 870 Special Field. In goes (2) 3" mag duck loads in the mag tube and a #8 dove load in the breech. Pigeons were flying high and just circling around.
Bang goes the first shot. BOOOOM goes the second shot. He just hands it back grimacing and shocked and the rest of us laughing. Good times, good times.

One day on a dove hunt the nephew wanted to shoot some other shotguns we had. We weren't seeing doves but lots of flying rats (pigeons). So I offered my 21" 870 Special Field. In goes (2) 3" mag duck loads in the mag tube and a #8 dove load in the breech. Pigeons were flying high and just circling around.
Bang goes the first shot. BOOOOM goes the second shot. He just hands it back grimacing and shocked and the rest of us laughing. Good times, good times.
That's mean Bob ! 😉😁

Is anyone shooting a 9 lbs .358 Norma Mag? Man... that'll knock snot bubbles out of you, the size of basketballs. 🤧🥴 Cheers

Do ya think the recoil would be any different than a 9# .338 WM push'n a 225 @ 2950?

If you think it would have much greater recoil…..I'm gaining more respect for my wife everyday! 😉 memtb

I'm thinking the sharpness of recoil from some rifles "bite" harder than others, even though caliber is different.
I remember shooting my friends .300WM many years ago, 30+ with factory ammo. I think it was a Ruger and the stock was kinda Spartan and synthetic. That rifle kicked more "meanly" than my .378 Wby Mag (with factory brake). The .378 pushes a 270gr Barnes TSX right at 3200fps over RL-22. I had it going faster, but that velocity with .060" jump was most accurate.
My Dad's old WWII .303 Lee Enfield also caused some felt recoil even though it was a heavy rifle with full stock and steel buttplate. I was about 12yrs old and 90lbs soaking wet then. A bit much for me then...

I got mine for $129.99 no sales tax at Cabela's in Billings about 3 weeks ago. I didn't think to check Scheels when I was there before that . I've seen online for low as $99.99. also have seen their earbuds for $599.99 ! Screw that. I got my Walker Silencer's half off on a sale from Midway for less than $100 two years ago.
They are on sale for $99.00 right now with blue tooth. I will probably never use the blue tooth feature. I don't want music when I am shooting.

Do ya think the recoil would be any different than a 9# .338 WM push'n a 225 @ 2950?

If you think it would have much greater recoil…..I'm gaining more respect for my wife everyday! 😉 memtb
Well, not saying a .338 Win Mag doesn't have recoil in a 9lbs rifle, just saying I think the .358 Norma could generate more if one pushed, the 250gr or 275gr hard. As it stands with a factory load in .358 NM using even the 250gr bullet I believe you are correct by pushing a 225gr .338 bullet at that vel. But.. if you push a .358 NM... 250gr to 2850 fps, which it can do, it's up in the 40.0 plus fpe in a 9lbs rifle. No dog in the fight, just observation. :);) Cheers.

.358 Norma Mag. (250 at 2723)9.031.2 fpe15.0

.338 Win. Mag. (225 at 2780)8.535.2 fpe16.3

Last edited: