What is your go to bow?

Unlike my stable of rifles an shotguns I have but one bow. Bear Cruzer, first gen, with adjustable draw weight from 5# to 70# and with a draw length of 12" to 30". Its set up for a 65# draw weight and a 29" draw length.

I bought the Bass Pro store brand X Hunter arrows and use 100gr field tips and 100gr G5 Montec broad heads. I've done alright the last few early bow season and every hog I've shot with the G5 bled out like a stuck pig.

Honestly I have more fun with the bow out to 30 yards than I do with the rifle out to 250 yards.

Unlike my stable of rifles an shotguns I have but one bow. Bear Cruzer, first gen, with adjustable draw weight from 5# to 70# and with a draw length of 12" to 30". Its set up for a 65# draw weight and a 29" draw length.

I bought the Bass Pro store brand X Hunter arrows and use 100gr field tips and 100gr G5 Montec broad heads. I've done alright the last few early bow season and every hog I've shot with the G5 bled out like a stuck pig.

Honestly I have more fun with the bow out to 30 yards than I do with the rifle out to 250 yards.
I got kinda of tired of the same old compound bow shots at 25,30,35,40 so did what I did when I got tired of shooting deer in big woods at 100 yards or closer. Changed the game and set up for much longer ranges for deer with my rifle but went to a traditional bow( custom hybrid flat bow) for archery. I have to be 10-15 yards from my quarry before killing it. Up close and personal and it's a hoot. Sometimes can be frustrating having a big buck at 20 yards knowing I can't take the shot. It makes bow hunting more exciting again.

That's interesting for sure. How big of a deal to change the DL on an older single cam? I would need to just pick up a cam, correct?
I had to do the same when I bought my Mathews Reezen, used. Had a 27 DL I needed a 30". I also replaced my string w/ a string from a local string maker. It also made my draw smoother. And speed increased pretty good on a chrono. Which could be expected with a larger cam & new string. Theses strings are supposed to be strung tighter. I believe he was referring to the serving around the string. Not really sure on that. But it has been a darn good string. I have been using the same string for 8 years now. No signs of wear on serving where the old Zebra strings used to show in one season. The string & cam replacement ran me a little over $200.00. But I believe it was money well spent. Considering I was replacing the factory strings more often. I should check to see if these strings are still available. And get my Z7 done. I have been thinking of selling one of these bows.Or give to a relative if they were interested in archery hunting.My shoulders have been giving me issues. And shooting is not much fun anymore when in pain.

Recent Posts