What is your favorite rifle in your arsenal?

And this ain't talking family heirlooms and etc. this is rifles that when something needs to die, it's what u grab with zero questions!
I had to make a very hard decision years ago shifting my priorities to God, family & country when I decided to emigrate to the US from Venezuela. The United States is my country now and I don't want to lose it also. I'm concerned about what is happening today between political parties and their leaders which have managed to divide the country. Family is definitely after God, but not necessarily before country in my book. I also learned another important lesson... money comes after God, family, and country. Many of us put money before everything else and that is simply the forces of greed dominating our actions. Too much of that going on today everywhere. I owned a thriving business and had to turn it down for the good of my family who deserved a better future. The US has given all of us new hope and that's why I want all these issues that divide us today to be resolved. Maybe God and country now must come first.

This Bad Boy is by far my favorite, it will launch a 240gr @ 1250fps and the 185gr are just shy of 2000fps. It's good for 10 good shots then they start to fall off but can still get the job done.
It's a 45cal Air Force Texan,
That is a moderator all you hear is a wooosh then impact.LOL

Dean
View attachment 255541View attachment 255542
And no searching for primers or powder!

Custom .338 Win' Mag'. Sako action custom barrel and a custom stock made by a good friend
in New Jersey. The gun shoots an inch and sometimes better at 100 yds. with a Nosler Partision
in 225 grains. Shot quite a few Mule Deer with it. No complaint.

The one for hunting a stand: 6.5x47 Lapua,26" heavy contour Bartlein barrel,HSPrecision stock and bottom metal, worked over Rem 700 action, silencer co Harvester. Vortex 15x60x52.
Stupid accurate and an absolute hammer on game. Too heavy to walk around with.
Walking rifle: Alexander Arms AR converted to 224 Valkyrie. Old Simmons A-Tec set on 2.5 power at all times. Cranked up to 10 power and from a bench it will put 10 rounds under an inch real fast! 90 grain Federal Fusions and they are very lethal

For about two decades it was a 700 classic in 300Wby. After 4500+ rounds I have retired it, mostly, not wanting to replace parts on the original thumper. I bought it instead of beer while I was one of Uncle Sams Misguided Children in 1991. It was new in the box and one of 3 Green Top Sports in VA had left over, so I got a great deal on it and they threw in my first box of shells. Topped it with a Leupold Vari-Xii 4-12x40AO. From blackbirds to elk that thing killed everything.

26" 8twist brux on a sako L579 chambered in 243. Sent brux the original barrel and had them trace it. Used the original high cheek stock and pillar bedded it. Shoots a 95 vld @ 3240. 1200 rounds and still shoots great. Great coyote, deer, and antelope rifle. 2.5x10 moar reticle.

I have a savage 12fv In 6.5 creedmoor that is just the most consistent and reliable rifle I've ever owned. Just got a trued up howa 1500 long action In 7saum, that'll probably surpass it. I hope.

Proof Bull carbon 6creedmoor, MPA hybrid chassis, Bighorn TL3, trigger tech diamond, silencerco omega, Ckye pod, Nightforce 7-35 ATACR Mil-XT.

Total rifle weight with can, bipod, and mag just under 15lbs. Heavy for hunting purposes, but a great light weight long range coyote gun or competition rig.
Crap that's not too bad for hunting been carrying a 20 LB 7mm STW for years 29" heavy Bartlien full sendaro and a 26 Nosler with same barrel!

Recently treated myself to a Christensen Arms MPR in 6.5 PRC. Once the barrel was properly broken in and conditioned I started load development, settled on Hornady's 140 gr. ELD-M. CCI BR2 primers, 55.7 gr. of RL-26 gave me 3070 fps, ES=9, SD=3.3 (Labradar). 5 rounds@ 100 yds. Measured .248". I think load development is pretty much done.

Recent Posts