What is your favorite make of brass you reload and why?

I have used Nosler brass since it was introduced to the market after eons of reloading with Remington and Winchester brass. Always had short case life with Winchester brass so I I only bought it when Remington wasn't available. After buying a 7mm RUM that changed. Although this particular caliber is the King of brass eater's I was able to get sub MOA groups by using Nosler brass weighed in close weight to each one I loaded. Would like to know what may be better and why or what are your experiences with Nosler brass?
I am a fan of Peterson brass for .408, 375, and 6.5. They are very consistent as far as weight goes and that helps with the AMP Annealer.

For .50 BMG I now have RWS (have not tried), Barrett, and RUAG. Barret and RUAG have given good results, even in an M82.

For 5.56 I am a huge fan of Lake City.

I've been using Federal nickel plated brass for 30+ years on my competition 7mm-08, great accuracy and long lasting as well, its stamped F C but don't know exactly who makes it. I do neck size only so this might help it last longer. On my hunting 7mm-08's I've used several but I also started using nickel plated as well from some winchester supreme ammo I had bought a few years ago, this last one on my wife's rifle and now also some federal nickel plated on mine. No issues so far and I also only neck size on both hunting rifles.

Sako was the first brass I owned which was in the mid seventies, it was 22-250 and was very good brass. Lapua is my first choice these days but they don't make some of the cartridges I load. Norma and RWS are my other preferred brands. My last lot of Win brass was rubbish.

I use LAPUA and NORMA in my .223 bolt mainly because both consistent in their specs.
then in the mouse gun I use Lake City military brass they last I full length size and trim the last about 10-12 loads

Lapua has been my go-to brass for calibers on their availability list, but recently I had an interesting experience.

I resurrected an old pre-64 Model 70 in 30-06 just to see if it would shoot at all well. To my surprise, it shoots pretty well off the bench. At the same time I got it out of the safe, I picked up around 100 pieces of Winchester range brass in that caliber, planning to turn it in for scrap. Before doing so, I loaded a few pieces and was surprised (again) that it performed well.

I have now reloaded about 50 pieces of Winchester range brass 4-5 times, annealing and trimming regularly. After 5 reloadings, I think it is stretching beyond limits. But all this came as a surprise. to me: old rifle, old caliber, nondescript brass, and it all seemed to work reasonably well. Who knew?

I've used Lapua, Norma, Winchester, Remington, Whoever makes brass for Federal ammo, Hornady, and Nosler.

My favorite is Winchester once fully prepped just to save money.
Second is Lapua as you really don't need to do anything with it, just load and shoot.

I have used Nosler brass since it was introduced to the market after eons of reloading with Remington and Winchester brass. Always had short case life with Winchester brass so I I only bought it when Remington wasn't available. After buying a 7mm RUM that changed. Although this particular caliber is the King of brass eater's I was able to get sub MOA groups by using Nosler brass weighed in close weight to each one I loaded. Would like to know what may be better and why or what are your experiences with Nosler brass?
Lapua Nosler Norma in that order but I don't have experience with the others like Peterson or alpha and other quality manufacturers

Lapua. I know some folks like Norma but I have experienced rim thickness variations with some of their brass. I have a few wildcats based on the 376 Steyr case so that limits my choice to Hornady in that regard. I am looking forward to trying some Peterson and Alpha.

280 AI - Nosler. Would have spent for lapua but I wanted correct headstamps.

6.5 Creed - hornady mostly once fired pickups. Consistent enough after minimal case prep for high single digit SDs but cheap enough if I drop them I don't fret.

do have lapua srp as well, but my firing line hasn't been bushed and I popped some primers. Lapua brass was fantastically accurate.

Recent Posts